Roon 1.8 arrives on February 9th

Roon 1.8 arrives on February 9th.

44 Likes

That’s what the press says, anyway. Looks interesting. Next week will be fine by me!

2 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: I was in one of the largest earthquakes ever in 1971

While I dont think they’d take such a feature away - has there been confirmation regarding dark mode in any of the as of now published news articles?

4 Likes

I briefly read the PR but aside from an updated UI, vertical scrolling…have you seen something noticeable? Are separate libraries possible?

They’re dropping the preview in five parts. You know as much as anyone does at this point.

Mobile? What about Roon on the Road?

21 Likes

Whatever the visible UI changes on the frontend, I believe there have been updates on the cloud backend, too. I have been noticing considerably faster page load times and search response times, even using the current 1.7 apps. Since yesterday (I think) all has been noticeably snappier, and that is good.

There are other things that won’t get mention on a promo press release, but that I hope have been addressed in 1.8. E.g., better network and memory efficiency, to make Roon server more stable.

3 Likes

Have you guys seen the Roon 1.8 promo? New look and feel! Yes!

13 Likes

New intelligence? Oh deary, deary me. :weary:

10 Likes

Hahahahahaaaaaa… I’m still laughing… :rofl:

3 Likes

this gives an intro :wink:

15 Likes

Also the release date, February 9th:

6 Likes

Roon 1.8 arrives on February 9th

That looks kool… so, 9th Feb is the Day … so be it… :slight_smile: from 10th the number of posts surely is gonna spike…

1.8 like a big facelift and search redefined, functions like Mobile roon on the go may not happening until 2.0

1 Like

The promo video and screengrabs sure look good. I only wonder what’s going to be done with the transport control section since that’s mysteriously lacking in all the previews. More specifically, I hope they fix the position of the scrubbing bar that (since a recent iPadOS update) inconveniently overlaps with the iPad’s app switch bar.

3 Likes

Exciting news, I like the sophistication in the new design. Can’t wait to get my hands on 1.8.

6 Likes
8 Likes

just think of it as my Dad’s birthday instead. he’s a really good dude and got me into Jazz.

5 Likes