Roon 1.8 arrives on February 9th

The new focus feature looks pretty cool.

7 Likes

Oh Lord, I hope that new interface is going to please everyoneā€¦looks a full and complete makeover. We shall see.

Purple Haze!

1 Like

Wish we didnā€™t have to wait another week now that weā€™ve seen it :grimacing:

~M~

6 Likes

Cool new interface !

Great news! Looking forward to ā€žlisten and watchā€œ music!

Interesting bit at the very end of the StereoNet articleā€¦ ā€œRoonā€™s community of 100,000 expert listenersā€. I wonder if thereā€™s any substance to that number, maybe a hint of the size of the Roon user base?

3 Likes

@Miguel_Rode Iā€™ve heard that number before. Iā€™mā€™sure that the Roon team is hoping to convince more people to onboard thanks to the new version. Iā€™ve always thought that Roon was definitely perfectible, but above its competition already.
This new version may allow them to take a commanding lead. Just donā€™t increase the price!

2 Likes

Itā€™s mentioned on the front page of the Roon website: ā€œJoin 100K+ music enthusiasts. Roon has elevated the listening experience for over 100,000 music lovers.ā€

great news! very excited, in the preview I see quite a few of my wishes for a new version coming true.

1 Like

actually i like roon just the way it is. I like the new design, hopefully itā€™s just as practical and informative as before

3 Likes

Watched the video, and it sure looks great, I love the aesthetic theyā€™re aiming for. Clean, museum-like.

Valence I guess is for those that use streaming services. As a user with a local library of thousands of albums I have collected, itā€™s more a novelty for me. Kind of like hitting the ā€œrandomā€ button. Focus on the other hand looks interesting.

But the one feature I am looking for is that ability to add my own reviews and notes to the albums in my collection. NOTHING would be mean more to me that to truly personalize the metadata of my collection with Roon.

Donā€™t let me down Roon.

7 Likes

W00t this going to be great!

I really hope Roon 1.8 doesnā€™t require redoing all of the user metadata edits Iā€™ve had to do for unidentified or misidentified albums. That would be a real pain to me. Hopefully someone from Roon will address this issue before 1.8 rolls out.

6 Likes

Be sure to do a backup!

2 Likes

Looks really nice. I have felt that each of the Roon upgrades has makes a better listening experience, and Iā€™m sure 1.8 will be no exception. I do hope the 1.8 has better support for box sets (still trying to figure out Neil Young Archives, Vol 2ā€¦) And of course, remote would be fantastic.

Either way, Iā€™m very eager to try out 1.8.

Same here. Such huge updates tend to be messy.
Let us hope for the best.

3 Likes

Looks great but I havenā€™t seen a single picture of 1.8 with dark background. I seriously hope it still has ā€dark modeā€.

18 Likes

Same here I always listen on Head Phones and donā€™t want a bright interface

7 Likes

It does :sunglasses:

50 Likes