Roon 1.8 arrives on February 9th

Really hoping 1.8 works with my turntable

5 Likes

And show the related metadata using Shazam :slight_smile:

With 1.8, I hope it has the functionality to search by record labels. Not just the files in the library, but all on what is on offer across all sources

I can see your point, but Iā€™d guess it might ā€˜breakā€™ the Room experience to show albums that arenā€™t playable links. Perhaps they could be greyed-out or something. Food for thought, even if as a non-streamer Iā€™m more comfortable with a focus on what Iā€™ve got, rather than what I might haveā€¦

1 Like

Earlier posts reflect that dark mode is sticking around. :+1:t4:

2 Likes

I didnā€™t know that you could do that. Where in Settings is that located, just looked and couldnā€™t find it?

Or browse to Amazon, Dodax, Ebay, or Discogs and order the CD online. These days, physical CDā€™s are often cheaper than buying a digital download. Still, your comment made me chuckle:-)

3 Likes

Should sooth the frothing massesā€¦

Two excited Roonies, click click click!

1 Like

I think he means you can do multiple backups each to a different location. Or, you could make 1 backup and copy it to a secondary location.

I am in roon because of sq. I am in vinyl and cdā€˜s over 50 years. I know what I want to hear by myself and I am able to find it. So all these improvements announced for 1.8 are not important for me. Is there anything coming regarding sq ? Might be my last year with roon.

Thanks! - got that part. I was unaware of the ability to shut off auto-updates. Think I just found what he was referring to here:

ā€¦and my cassette tape decks.

2 Likes

What are you expecting in terms of a sound quality improvement? If Roon is sending along a bit perfect stream, what more can be expected? And without any hard data or measured evidence, Iā€™m not sure what the demand here is.

3 Likes

Yep thatā€™s the one

1 Like

This threats title should read: great medley of opinions about whatever :wink:

7 Likes

Fully agree. Do they still need time for more beta-testing or is everyone on vacation before the post-release customer complaint frenzy?

1 Like

So, whatā€™s going to be in 2.0? I for one want better SQ!

2 Likes

From todayā€™s email:

ā€œWhile Focus once let you filter and sort the music in your library, it now extends to all the streaming music available on TIDAL and Qobuz, giving you a truly 360-degree view of artists and composers ā€“ whether you have their complete discographies in your library or not.ā€

BOOM!

6 Likes

I donā€™t have this gearwheels