Roon 1.8 arrives on February 9th

look what we achieved lol

Ill run roon Core headless. How is the Update Procedere here?

Hello
Please I couldnā€™t find this recording on Roon, I have Tidal and Qobuz. Any way to find it?
Many thanks
Antonio

OK so itā€™s now noon in NY when is the new software gonna debut???

2 Likes

Roon 1.7 aka Roon Classic

OK Roon, you have been hyping 1.8 for a week, spamming me daily. The ā€œbig dayā€ is here, where is the update???

Edit: Got the update. Looks really nice so far. Thank you Roon Team!

6 Likes

Woohoo!

Amazon Fire HE remote updated to 1.8 in UKā€¦
Crossing fingers for push of ROCK soon, and keeping my powder dry with my other 1.7 Remotes til thenā€¦

14 Likes

some here will buy an Amazon Fire HE and beginn a new life in UK :laughing:

7 Likes

Iā€™ve been trying to update Apple. Now just another app came. However itā€™s stats it was updated 17 hours ago.

I guess it will take time in Europe before weā€™re seeing any updates.

So it seems to be at least 17 hours delay.

itā€™s still 1.7 ā€¦ :frowning:

2 Likes

Hello, a noob question from an 1.7 only user. I have a DietPi raspberry ROON Bridge that runs obviously 1.7 version. Does it update automatically or i have to find a way to do it manually? Thanks

Congrats, you win :slight_smile:

1 Like

Apple sits in Cali, that is way out west. Theyā€™re still all asleep.

Iā€™m in Europe and Iā€™ve seen 2 batches of app updates already today (including an update to the Sonos app), so someone must be working the night shift over there.

Iā€™m enviousšŸ‘šŸ½

True, updates are coming in regularly the last hours in the Apple App Store. So it could happen any time soonā€¦ (I hope)

Plenty on Discogs :+1:

depends on your settings I think. If you have it to update automatically, it will.

this has probably been discussed already, but do we have to update ropieee on our Rpi boxes?

Does it work on WiFI at your friends place? Or in shop etc? I.e. outside your home WiFi/Lan?
If not that may mean you havenā€™t set up VPN to your LAN :wink: Or you configured VPN to be on different subnet.
On 4G it may be laggy, or generally not too smooth experience, depending on your 4G speeds.