Roon 1.8 (Build 1105) Sound Quality - WOW

Since the Roon Team does not like to boast about the improvements that they make to the sound quality of audio playback using Roon someone has to give the Roon Team their due.

With Roon 1.8 (Build 1105) the sound quality takes yet another giant leap forward. The soundstage is larger with better width and height, timing and pace are also improved, as is the ability to hear inner detail. Bass slam is now so dynamic that my windows keep rattling long after the music has stopped. Treble clarity has also been improved, so much so that even all those “lifeless” recordings in my library now seem alive with high frequency sparkle. And the best thing is that all of these improvements can be heard on any music played using Roon on any audio system.

So once again Bravo to Roon Team for all their hard in making Roon the best sounding digital music playback software available.

27 Likes

Wonder what they were doing wrong before? Puzzling.

10 Likes

It sounds EXACTLY THE SAME.

Lol.

32 Likes

I concur totally!! Great Job Roon Engineers!

4 Likes

I think they managed to get more air around the ones and twos so they are less susceptible to the cold so jitter less.

19 Likes

It’s so nice to see that others understand (and possibly share) my sense of humor.
Please continue to use and enjoy the new and improved sound of Roon!

13 Likes

Just what we need in the world of high end audio: more hot air!

3 Likes

:rofl:
:rofl:

1 Like

May have just been the gilding on the fabricated Lilly.

1 Like

An inoculation against the inevitable subjectivist post about SQ?

Now, you’ll have to do it every Build.

Absolutely!

Oh I’ve done these types posts for several previous Roon updates. I try to make them more outrageous each time. The next one will be sure to mention veils lifted and windows opened as well as pace and timing. I love all that audiophile mumbo jumbo. After 30+ years of reading TAS and Stereophile I’m always surprised to learn audio systems from just 10 years ago sounded so outrageously bad with the sound completely muffled by hundreds of veils and lots of very dirty windows. It’s a wonder that we could hear the music at all. :grin:

5 Likes

I realised the foolishness years ago in a stereophile article, don’t remember who by, where the veils were lifted so they could hear which side of a triangle was being played.
Having played one, badly out of time, you can’t tell when it’s a foot in front of you so …

But can’t one triangulate the sound? :rofl:

4 Likes

The sound quality was so immensely improved that the entire circle of audiophiles just inoculated.

AJ

1 Like

As hard as I look each time I check the change log between releases, I just can’t seem to locate the “Improved sound quality…bigger sound stage, depth, etc blah, blah ,blah” listed.

2 Likes

Opening paragraph of my original post:

and that someone is yours truly :smiley:

Yah, keep drinking the Koolaid Jazz.

I find it hard to drink the Koolaid with my tongue so firmly planted in my cheek.

3 Likes

Hmm… What if you placed your stereo mic pair so that one mic was very close to the left side of the triangle and the other to the right side? That would put the triangle right inside your head… Now that’s what I call a resolving system.

Okay, you have unveiled one of my many weaknesses. :grin: