Roon 1.8 (Build 748/756/763/764) Feedback

Also is it just me, but does anyone else find the comma really passive-aggressive? :smiley:

Hi Mark
Hi, Mark

Really odd grammatical choice.

(this is an unserious point, by the way)

10 Likes

:grinning:

I think the use of the vocative comma is fine, too formal perhapsā€¦ especially when compared to this heading in main menu:

My stuff

But then I think all the pleonastic and confused headings in the menu should just be removed - Browse, My Library, and My Stuff, keeping the line breaks.

Iā€™m serious. :pleading_face:

4 Likes

That is a very common issue. I am not sure it has ever been formally documented as a bug in the Sopport section.

1. Tags assigned to a track are no longer listed - big problem. No way to see what tags you may have placed a track in.
  2. Playlists in which a track appears are no longer listed - big problem. No way to see what playlists you may have already placed a track in.
  3. Logic of the Focus function (at least in Album view) no longer works intelligently - significant problem. Focus on Jazz + Blues, you no longer get a display of BOTH Jazz and Blues albums; you get a useless list of a couple albums that include Jazz as well as Blues in their Genre spec.
3 Likes

+1

2 Likes

This is the primary reason I have avoided upgrading. As a desktop/laptop user, I donā€™t want to Roon to appear as if I were running a mobile app on my Surface Studio or Surface Pro, which is how it looks to me. Itā€™s not the added white space; itā€™s the ā€œoptimized for mobileā€ look that uses only a fraction of the display, losing the elegance of the interface in the process. My iPad is useful as a remote, but the laptop and desktop are where I spend most of my time, and where I want Roon to look fully optimized. Perhaps in the future Roon will choose to offer both desktop and mobile versions, but until this is resolved, I will stick with 1.7.

I have yet to see a response from the developers or management about this, and I think many of us would like to hear their thoughts and reactions to the many posts on this issue.

4 Likes

Can confirm problem of losing audio zones is server based eg restart Roon Core on server and all should be fine for at least a full listening session. Highly unstable code. Roon Labs have told me that a fix is being worked on.

By looking at it, You can conclude if dynamic range has been preserved or compression has crushed the peaks. Easy to recognize, when You see flat top, full height in the wave bar.

1 Like

1.8 is glorious on the SurfaceBook2, especially when you detach the screen and use it in portrait mode. Its fine as a laptop. But simply great on that large format tablet.

2 Likes

The Roon app on iPhone has crashes all the time now. It was fine until the weekend. I have reinstalled but still crashing.

You are referring to a different bug, I think. I was referring to the fact that audio zones go missing in 1.8.

yes but I canā€™t post new topics, only reply to existing ones

For me, after the bug problem with ios is solved, everything looks fine!
The only thing I really do miss are the star ratings in the discography!
It just helps to find the better rated albums by reviewers when I search a new artist/group. Maybe with the next updatešŸ˜Ž?!

?? Cant be. Even brandnew users can create new topics

Hello @Guy_Rubin, you shouldnā€™t be having problems. As @bbrip says, anyone can create a topic.

Are you starting within a thread, like this one? That wonā€™t work. You need to be in a category page, e.g. #support, or similar, then you will see new topic at the top

Are you not seeing this?

And, then
(Courtesy of ilovefreegle)

Yes I have posted now.

Hope you can deal with substance of my issue- roon app on iPhone is continually crashing.

Where in OTHER do you see MQA? In albums? On Tidal? I cannot find MQA in Focus all over I search.

Thanks, so apparently I have in my 12k+ albums no MQA as is does not show up.

Scroll to the right, the little arrow

1 Like