Roon 1.8 (Build 748/756/763/764) Feedback

Settings > General > Customize Album Display

1 Like

I noticed same thing on mine.

Can you post a screenshot? Thanks. :grinning:

Where did ‘Recommended for You’ go?

It used to be on the right hand side while in Now Playing view…curious this would be intentionally removed.

I found it, keep scrolling. Too much scrolling like Instagram and FB. I don’t consume either any longer.

4 Likes

3 Likes

:grinning::+1:

(10 char)

I think Roon 1.8 is terrific. I’ve only had one small issue and I think (hope) it has been resolved.

I run Roon core on a Roon Nucleus and use a Dell XPS 15 (Windows 10), iPad Mini 4 (IOS 14.4), and iPhone 11 Pro Max (IOS 14.4) as Roon control devices. My end-points are an Oppo 203 and two Raspberry Pi 4’s feeding a Meridian Prime and Dragonfly Cobalt.

I had no issues updating everything from Roon 1.7 to 1.8 and all worked perfectly out-of-the-box.

Thanks to all the Roon team for providing this great product.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: 1.8 shocking where do i start

This thing with the shuffle option is a deal breaker for me. My sub is up in March. Back to JRiver.

4 Likes

I posted above about artist discography not loading in the album view. It is now loading if I scroll down passed the album tracks. I guess something on Roon’s servers needed to update before it would show.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: UI Display Artifacts in 1.8 [Team Investigating]

I’d like to go back to 1.7

13 Likes

Thank god my favourite game is still there !

10 Likes

upgraded ROCK, Mac, iPad, iPhone in 10 min. Everything looks amazing. Will explore. Thanks Roon team !

2 Likes

just a thought, try re-sizing your screen size ?

New redesigned Focus feature they said…
Every time it opens much more slower than on 1.7.

Thanks for the reply
I just posted a picture
Ray

Good idea; just tried, no change

It seems to finally work fine (recommendations, new release for you, classical discovery…). I must say the new features look great. A bit late to fully test them tonight, but hopefully tomorrow.