Roon 1.8 (Build 748/756/763/764) Feedback

What happened to Album tracks showing which playlist(s) they were saved too?

3 Likes

Iā€™d been using tags to rate songs and found it invaluable that I could see those tags when looking at an album. Iā€™d like that back more than anything elseā€¦

3 Likes

I have to check it out, but I wish I had a choice. @support please fix it.

1 Like

Agree on the audio waveform shrinkage. Also, the play/pause is in the middle now - I have to retrain my automatic clicking on the left sideā€¦

ā€¦Steve>>

Oh, yes! This is working SO much better for classical music. So far I approve of all the changes. I think I can finally put JRiver to bed and go Roon lifetime. Congratulations devs.

I agree, and the ā€˜childrenā€™s bookā€™ all starts with the big ā€œMy ā€¦ā€ at the top of the screen, totally wasted space and idiotic phrasing. Really, I didnā€™t realize they werenā€™t somebody elseā€™s albums, so glad to know theyā€™re MY albums! And MY artists! It really saves me a lot of confusion as to who this software belongs toā€¦ No, but seriously, the ā€œHi Iā€™m your friendā€ style of software should have died a solid death a long time ago. Just give me a small tasteful Roon logo and my name and more room for album covers and/or tools.

8 Likes

I donā€™t like the blue box on the home screen for recent activity. It does not match the overall color scheme and style. Also, sometimes I get a red box showing recommendations, then in other situations it is a blue box and I also saw a grey box. Why? I donā€™t get the meaning of the different colors. And sometimes, there are not recommendations at allā€¦ Hmmmā€¦??? In general, I do not like those colored boxes, they look awful.

2 Likes

I like that the focus function is now available on all platforms and also consistent accross all of them. However, I liked the presentation and style of this function more on 1.7. I think it was more beautiful.

3 Likes

Installation went fine. I miss the Allmusic album ratings and picks on every album overview very much! When discovering an unknown artist it is very helpful to see the ratings at a glance in order to check his or her ā€œbestā€ albums first.

6 Likes

+1
I couldnā€™t agree more. In addition I miss the album ratings at album overviews.

5 Likes

I donā€™t see the album overviews anymore. Are they gone ?

1 Like

I quite like the Roon 1.8. Itā€™s easily the best Roon release ever, the UI elements are gorgeous , albeit a bit small on the 4k hires display. The look & feel, and its ease of use, ergonomic user interface are excellent on both the desktop and iOS versions.

Well done and thanks Roon staff.

3 Likes

Hye guyā€™s ,
ThaĆÆs new release 1.8 os simple amaising
I didnā€™t yesterday night
Very good job guyā€™s
Trank You so Much for this extraordinary job

1 Like

Congratulation Roon Team.
You do a very very good job on this version 1.8

I like the facelifting and it is incredible what you working on 1.8.
thank you.

Greats from Switzerland

2 Likes
  • Several Dates
    Iā€™m really missing the part with ā€œdate recordedā€, ā€œoriginal release dateā€, ā€œrelease dateā€ and ā€œdate addedā€ in the album view.
    Since I have several versions of many albums, the release date is of some value for me, too. Just having only one value is not so useful for me.

• Round Shape
    Some years ago the pictures already had a round shape and were luckily changed to something less round. Is there an option to do this also for 1.8?

6 Likes

Tons of large box sets in classical music. And 1.8 was supposed to do a lot for listeners of classical, so itā€™s not an unreasonable expectation to see those idiosyncrasies finally taken into account.

Awful design, too small fonts, with a lot of empty space. Came back to 1.7 in 15 minutes. Hope, service at 1.7 will not be disabled. Otherwise, do not renew the subscription.

3 Likes

My personal playlists are not showing in Playlists on my Windows 10 PC, but is reflecting when using my Android phone. How is this possible?

I think 1.8 has too much focus on discovering and not enough on ease of use of your database.
After I click on ā€œArtistā€ I want to go to the ā€œAlbumsā€ (or Discography) directly and not having to land on this unnecessary ā€œOverviewā€ screen. Itā€™s one clicks too many. Actually 2 clicks if you then have to select ā€œsort by release dateā€ instead of ā€œsort by popularityā€.
Also scrolling in Artist page is very slow compared to what we had (scroll of complete page). Also those round Artist buttons look very lame, before it was better.

6 Likes

Just like I did with Windoze about 10 years ago.

2 Likes