Roon 1.8 (Build 748/756/763/764) Feedback

You’re correct. :+1:

It would be nice if Roon did respect the iOS Day/Night settings. :slightly_smiling_face:

Just edited my response. A bit emotional because I didn’t get listened to.

1 Like

I agree with Mark here 100%.

What does a list view give you that the graphical view doesn’t? if you have “sorted by name” selected you can use the scroll bar on right hand side, the alphabet characters pop up as you slide your finger or move your mouse vertically down the screen?

Just because your requested feature did not get implemented does not mean you did not get listened to. Roon gets lots of feature request and they evaluate them in some way. They decide which ones to implement and which ones not to implement. Roon is not a collaborative endeavor. In the end, the Roon team decides what their product will and won’t include.

3 Likes

Boooo. This is how I use Roon most of the time.

And you know what, the misalignment between the play now button and tags really bothers me :roll_eyes:

1 Like

In the current “sorted by name” view, my eyes have to scan side to side as well as up and down, and it is literally dizzying. It may seem minor, but in a large artist collection, I give up around the "B"s because it is too taxing to follow. This is a basic UI issue. If I can keep my eyes on the same place on the screen vertically, I just scroll up/down and can view artists quickly and efficiently. Try it for more than 45 seconds and see if you don’t give up.

1 Like

There is a space after Bonobo in the smaller one. Delete the space you should be good.

I understand that. But this is a popular feature in probably their biggest “competitor”, one that many of their users are used to and enjoy. To ignore a great UI feature of their biggest competitor is shortsighted and a bit arrogant, IMHO.

Yes, that’s your opinion. Evidently, the Roon team does not agree with you or it’s on their future plans and just didn’t get in this time. With over 100,000 paid subscribers, I suppose lots of feature request will never get in. Also, maybe Roon doesn’t want to look like their largest competitor.

3 Likes

Evidently…

1 Like

Everyone go vote

1 Like

Roon hired marketing people, and they’ve been busy.

Am I in the minority that I miss album descriptions?

??
They are still there, when they exist.
If you only see the top of an album (or artist) description, just tap on what you see and it will expand. Tap on it when you’re done and it will minimize again.

Just seems like they are not there in comparison to 1.7.

Ryan, are you referring to the descriptions right below the “Now Playing” page? I see them all…

I’ve tried that (and failed) in the past with cable TV service and electrical service, as remarkably neither of those turned out to be foolproof, either. But you are certainly free to withhold your money and see if that works for you. Best of luck!

I have one real gripe with 1.8 and that whey you’re viewing an album, the sidebar with the artist’s other albums in your LIbrary has been removed and replaced by a “Selected Discography.” This pretty much sucks for a number of reasons. First, let’s tackle the problems with “Selected Discography”: it isn’t populated by the albums in your library (or barely so). It intersperses titles from Tidal/Qobuz with no real logic. Even worse, when it does pick albums from your library, it is often an alternate version and not the Primary version. If you’re going to have a discography section, it should, at a minimum, (1) when showing an album from your library, the Primary Version is displayed, and (2) albums in your library are listed before albums only available by streaming.

The missing sidebar is a separate issue that wouldn’t be solved by merely fixing the Discography section as described above. I wind up using the sidebar a lot. One reason is that I have a number of titles with multiple versions and I need to be able to control which one is Primary. In the majority of cases (and I’m not sure why), when I add a new version of an album in my collection, it is not recognized as a new version and I need to group it with the other version(s). That’s a piece of cake with the sidebar because both versions are right next to each other in the album sidebar. With “selected discography” they aren’t necessarily next to each other and they aren’t easily available and obvious. I suppose I could live with a horizontally scrolling album list that worked the way that the old album sidebar did, but I think I still prefer the sidebar.

9 Likes