Roon 1.8 (build 778) Feedback

you can add a tag to existing tags, so you can then focus on the tag that holds other tags

you need you create a tag for 1980s and add your other tags to it.

So sad to see there is still no option to remove Tracks from artist page. That is information I never ever use and just annoys everytime artist is opened.

But good is that update went smoothly without issues.

3 Likes

Yep. I never ever care about tracks on artist level. Waste of space.

4 Likes

I’ve just installed the iOS update on my iPad and played around for a few minutes. So far it looks like the white screen issue when re-entering the app has been fixed. Are others seeing the same thing?

1 Like

I’ve got 778 now on iPhone 7. And… are you kidding?

Mobile:

• Fixed missing navigation controls on Now Playing in some languages

There is still only “Back” navigation button. In default English interface.

It is still there. Just use other app minute or two and open Roon again…

1 Like

More Covers and Photos” option is now available

Only applies in the Album or Artists views though.

I see two issues on 778 installed on Android 10 (Samsung 9+):

• The “back” navigation button does not work in the Home screen. I have to use “home” button to leave the app.
  • Hardware volume buttons don’t work in the app. To change volume I have to press the loudspeaker icon to open sound control panel screen and use buttons or slider there.

I agree. I’ve never used anything track based in Roon except for the tracks under an album or on a playlist. There should be an album/single only option. Roon are way overthinking the need to be Spotify thing.

2 Likes

ya and unfortunatly that makes the whole UI a little inconsistant again as it dosnt match with the layout of the Main Menu…

Why not apply these changes properly across the board and not creating UI havoc again… phew… Sometimes I wonder whether they just start coding whithout any plan as to where they want to head to…

2 Likes

I mean, I can find it in the side menu, but not in Now Playing, Queue or Album page.

What about the white flash screen after awakening Roon in iOS ?
I heard this issue is not resolved ?
What about the tidal playlists not being updated automatically in My Stuff view?
And what about Tidal mixes integration ?
As a matter of fact these 3 issues are the vital ones for me. I can live with all the rest and I love Roon

2 Likes

Thanks. Perhaps I wasn’t waiting long enough to switch back when testing. I was hoping I was right. I’ll experiment more tonight.

We still get blinded, just taken one for the team.

1 Like

Yep, download has arrived in the German App Store. Hardly 3 minutes after starting to use it, I was greeted by the first flash. @mike sorry but this is just not good enough.

3 Likes

I see what they did and it’s a cute little icon, I feel for the hard of seeing cause even if you see well it’s difficult to differentiate between the two from the icon. It changes but up you have to really look for it.

Unless they are thinking of adding more options It should be a toggle… there’s only 2 options!

Btw the search bar is still small. :face_with_monocle:

Who has a towel I can throw!

Gapless playback for Chromecast is not fixed.

What is cr@ap for you is important for others. And what you declares as useful is cr@ap for a lot of people.
Please exclude me from ‘we’.

5 Likes

George Carlin Talks About “Stuff”

You dont need to feel entitled to be addressed whatsoever. :+1: