Roon 1.8 (Build 806) Feedback

That is weird, you have to think it’s a bug somewhere rather than just poor selection logic.

So far on my Daily Mixes the playlists are all a pretty sensible/logical blend of different tracks and artists based on the seed used for the mix. I’m liking it so far anyway.

I’ll be keeping an eye on it for this kind of repetition for sure. Hopefully the feature will continue to evolve and improve as we all use Roon. And since its (presumably) a backend function the team can tweak it without having to release multiple new versions of the software.

1 Like

Nice update! For me, Roon is just about perfect. It only had two issues. Today, I am very happy to see that one of these issues was fixed with Build 806.

FIXED:

“Fixed iPad layout to ensure seeking doesn’t interact with iOS home bar”.

805 update finally fixed app switcher bar overlap IMG-1114_689pix

This concerns the Roon progress bar overlapping with the iPad Pro 11’s App Switcher bar and this is now fixed by having more space at the bottom of the Roon app. This was a major grievance for me, so, it’s great that it is fixed!

REMAINING ISSUE:

Playlists and My Tracks content scrolling does not track finger movement accurately and loses sync when stopping or changing direction. This issue started with Roon 1.8, is still present in the latest build, and it happens on the ipad Pro 11 as well as on the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2.

More info: swiping/scrolling the playlist overview or the content of a playlist is choppy and erratic. It does not retain sync with the finger touch input. It keeps slipping from under my finger when changing scrolling direction or when trying to stop the list from scrolling. This only happens when swiping through the added tracks inside a playlist, not in the playlist overview (1 level up) or in the My Albums or My Artists overview.

3 Likes

Search is still not working well.

If I search for “Beethoven Brendel” only 3 our of the 10 first albums involve both Beethoven and Brendel.

Qobuz offers matches for both, as I would expect.

3 Likes

I am happy with the update.
My biggest annoyance, the snap back error in bookmarks, got repaired. It has been with Roon since 1.8 has seen the light of the day. It took 6 months to get rid of that bug.
Well, Roon is usable again.

@Lorenzo_Mutti Sad for you. I don’t have any problem like you have with iPhone 11 Pro Max and iPad Pro (latest software version)
What is your gear?

Love the new update!

Strangely, the Daily mixes seem to be playing exclusively music that is NOT in my library. To the point, it is playing songs from albums I would actually have in my library, but it takes it from other versions, sometimes even in lower quality. Is that the same for everyone?

It’s a detail, but I would want to have my plays registered.

3 Likes

I got my daily mixes last night after I reinstalled the app, today gone on both iPad and iPhone.

No daily mixes for me…….

Before this update on my remote Android devices I had the predictive search. Now with “Improved search interface with predictive auto-complete” I have 0 (zero) predictions. Is this an issue on anybody else?

Qobuz is up and running :wink:

1 Like

After Core restart, the prediction works. :wink:

Same for me: Where has my ‘Daily Mix’ gone? - #3 by RBO

For me, Roon is perfect. It only had two issues. Today, I am very happy to see that one of these issues was fixed with Build 806.

FIXED:

“Fixed iPad layout to ensure seeking doesn’t interact with iOS home bar”.

805 update finally fixed app switcher bar overlap IMG-1114_689pix

This concerns the Roon progress bar overlapping with the iPad Pro 11’s App Switcher bar and this is now fixed by having more space at the bottom of the Roon app. This was a major grievance for me, so, it’s great that it is fixed!

REMAINING ISSUE:

Playlists and My Tracks content scrolling does not track finger movement accurately and loses sync when stopping or changing direction. This issue started with Roon 1.8, is still present in the latest build, and it happens on the ipad Pro 11 as well as on the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2.

More info: swiping/scrolling the playlist overview or the content of a playlist is choppy and erratic. It does not retain sync with the finger touch input. It keeps slipping from under my finger when changing scrolling direction or when trying to stop the list from scrolling. This only happens when swiping through the added tracks inside a playlist, not in the playlist overview (1 level up) or in the My Albums or My Artists overview.

1 Like

I think you meant B806… @Christiaan

Woops, indeed:-)

How come I don’t see the “daily mixes” suggestions anywhere?

Do you have a streaming service?

1 Like

No streaming services enabled? Only online content…

I have Qobuz enabled.

1 Like

And your app/application is updated (b806)?

Yes. Where are the daily mixes supposed to appear? I’m not finding any.