Roon 1.8 (Build 806) Feedback

A bit down on the Home-view:

I initially couldn’t find any either - I found closing and restarting the Roon client on my Mac resolved the issue and it has now appeared. :slightly_smiling_face:

Very similar to my Agnes Obel mix I posted above, it’s like it has a problem with women with initials AO.

1 Like

That doesn’t work on my Mac

Not sure if this is new for this release but…
I am trying to play a Tidal generated mix “My Mix 5” without shuffling, but to no avail, it always shuffles.
the clue is in the “now playing” info

How do I switch shuffle off? I selected “play” not shuffle

Wow, thank you Roon team! The Daily Mixes updates is really the greatest feature that I could wish for. I literally did this manually everyday by selecting some random settings in the Focus filters.

3 Likes

Look in the Tidal section , top line !

Nope, still not there. No “mixes” appear.

Solutions tried:
I uninstalled an re-installed Roon application on my Windows client.
I closed and reopened my Roon core.
Shut down and restarted Roon Core.
Also, closed and reopened the Roon client on my Windows PC.

Everything in my setup is upgraded to latest versions - both Roon and Windows 10.

We already know of more than one poster with this issue. Apparently a bug: @support…

Edit: just tried it on my phone with updated Android app. Also no “mixes” appear. So seems to be either an issue with the new Roon Core version (I’m running it on a headless Windows server) or with the integration with the Qobuz account.

Could this be a cloud issue? I saw some other (assumed) cloud related glitches previously but they seem intermittent…

2 posts were split to a new topic: Anyone like to comment on this complains?

+1 with this problem. No mixes for me!
Rebooted Roon, Mac mini, Qobuz sign on, to no avail.

I can just agree with it.
The update is very disappointing and the advertisement for Tidal / Quboz is annoying and increasing with each release. Nothing that is not already possible with the Tidal / Quboz streaming app.
I really miss a real innovation or even an implemented feture request. As one member said before: “I pay for Roon, not the streming service”. Perhaps Roon will also take these customers into account?

3 Likes

A number of people have said that this update has fixed the scroll position issue that’s been a problem since Roon first came out. It’s not fixed for me. I’m using an iPad with the app update and my Core has also been updated. I routinely browse my albums, pick something and then do other things on my iPad while the music is playing. If I leave Roon open and don’t do other things, when I use the back button I end up at my previous position in my album list. However, when I use Roon the way I normally do, the screen redraws when I came back to Roon and the back button takes me to the first album, not the place I left off from. Same as it ever was.

Maybe I’m missing something but Daily Mixes are a Roon recommendation feature no? TIDAL MY Mix is the one that comes direct from the TIDAL service. I see Daily Mixes in Roon and I only use Qobuz, which has no equivalent feature at all.

1 Like

The latest update has disabled Qobuz,worked perfectly before. I have a Nucleus + which updated linked to either Bowers Formation Audio or Bowers Duo speakers. Has always worked like a dream. Now Qobuz loads but every track won’t play,the play bar just zings back and forth. I have rebooted,signed in and out of Qobuz,rebooted routers,nothing works. I can stream Qobuz via the Bowers and Wilkins app so there is no issue with Qobuz,it’s a direct consequence of this update. I have flagged this up but no reply. If anyone has ideas would really appreciate it,I love Roon and love it’s integration with Qobuz.

No they aren’t. They are roon mixes.

Good for you! I’m using the iPhone 12 and iPad Pro 2nd Gen. Both with latest OS.

@Lorenzo_Mutti Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the app?
Which language version of Roon are you using? I know that in the recent past the language version sometimes caused problems. Maybe you can test by putting Roon in English, if that’s not the case…

Daily Mixes did not show up for me either. Waited a day and still not available.

Decided to power cycle the NUC. Off course the shutdown via Web UI is still not working so I had to force power off.

After the nuc powered back up Daily Mixes was available. So Far so Good. Nice addition Roon.

The only sane approach for enjoying ronn is to be fearless and, well, hopeless! :innocent:

1 Like