Roon 1.8 (Build 806) Feedback

I subscribe to Qobuz, when I installed the new update yesterday evening, the new personal playlists appeared on my Home page. Gone back to the app today, and they’re gone (both iOS and Windows clients).

EDIT: seems to be quite a lag in the playlists being populated, they just appeared (core is a ROCK i7, small library)

It’s sheer laziness and indifference toward customers. There’s no good reason they could not have included an algorithm that looks only at local files.

4 Likes

After the latest update, my Roon core was blocked by the windows firewall.
My Roon core runs on a windows server.
Can’t connect to the core now…

UPDATE:
Solved by adding “RoonAppliance.exe” to the allowed app list.

Daily Mixes are a bit of a mystery. After installing all necessary updates and re-booting the NUC, I am still not able to see them. However, in the second profile we are using they are now visible. Strange.

YES, “Performing The Music Of” has the same indifference.
I pay for Roon and only see what I DO NOT get with each update. A satisfied customer is happy about the new things he gets. As simple as that.

Maybe it is, but I fear it is an active decision they have made. In which case it is not indifference any more…

Every mix that I have seen so far seems to include 5-6 artists at max for a 25 track list. This is lazy and hardly adds any value. What’s the purpose of this?

A post was split to a new topic: Selected genre tab in NRFY not saved when navigating back

They’re indifferent. Roon is nothing but a front end for two streaming services. I look forward to Amazon, Apple and Spotify driving Tidal and Qobuz into the ground.

That’s funny: My Mixes consits of Dead Can Dance and Agnes Obel…but with more artists in it.

1 Like

Because they coded it that way. I guess some huge percentage of users have a streaming service so that’s the 98% audience.

When/if that happens, that’s going to negatively impact a lot of people, but at least you’ll be happy.

3 Likes

I only have a local library so feel left out. In line with @Rudiger_Birkemeyer I mostly see improvements I can’t use.

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Daily Mix Showed Yesterday, Gone Today

So far so good, though the Daily Mixes do seem a bit of a mixed bag (pun sort of intended). Jazz and Classical seem to be the most varied and successful so far. But the mix for Kikagaku Moyo (Japanese psych band) is pretty much just a couple of tracks by other artists and one Sonic Boom album filling out the rest (10 out of 13 total tracks in the playlist) - and no Kikagaku Moyo in sight. Very strange.

Wasn’t sure what this meant in the build notes: " * Added Bootleg section to “From My Library” on Artist Overview".

I assumed it meant there would be another section like “singles & EPs” and “Appearances” in my artist view, but I’m not having any luck seeing changes there. Misunderstanding on my part, or maybe a tagging issue?

I’m enjoying the Daily Mixes - they’re a pretty decent music discovery feature. I’m sure I’ll get my fair share of strangely populated lists!

3 Likes

Daily Mix seems like a regressive version of starting a Radio using the same artist.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: No Daily Mix Avaliable

You should try Radio Paradise…