Roon 1.8 (Build 806) Feedback

Why won’t you fix the epilepsy inducing scroll function in iOS or restore the waveform to something approaching useful which you completely botched up in 1.8?

Again, everything seems to be tailored around pleasing streaming subscribers

3 Likes

It appears the “Play Now” button assigned as the “One click action” isn’t working with Daily Mixes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: No Daily Mix Available

I’d be happy that it would severely hamper the direction Roon has taken which is to treat local library customers like lepers.

6 Likes

Yesterday the new Roon Daily Mixes appeared on my start page - today they are gone! I am using iOS. Please solve this problem…

Let me begin by saying how much I love the new update. After trying Apple lossless music (better music curation on the go) I was ready to make the switch - and just in time Roon introduced the update. Everything that was missing from Tidal got added. Thank you.

Tidal Mixes - a huge win
Roon Daily Mixes - a wow factor
Added Tidal Genre which includes Chill/relax listening

Thank you Roon team for your dedication and love for the community and the fact that you all believe in providing the best to the audiophile world. I wish you the best of success.

I am sure your team is working on fixing the bugs (Roon Daily mixes have disappeared etc.). Thank you.

I only have one bootleg in my library. In the Artist view it looks like this:

1 Like

Good deal. Looks like I had done some tag editing on my bootlegs that was keeping them from populating that section. Working now. Thanks for the assist!

1 Like

I have updated my pc and iPad to the latest version. I can’t find the Daily Mixes anywhere on my home page. Where should they be?

Great new features…nevertheless, geared towards “streaming”, not so much towards “local library”. But, I understand that’s how it rolls.

Appreciate any way the new update.

Peace,
Tony

1 Like

Not going broad either.

Was looking forward to seeing the new tidal features. Updated roon to 806 on my imac running macos 11.4, clicked on the tidal sidebar item, and got this:

As usual, running the tidal app directly worked fine for access to tidal contents.

I think you misunderstood…

I like the daily mixes. Their availability appears limited though.
Windows client, they are present.
Android they are not. I have to charge the ipad to find out.

go to the apple store, selct roon and choose update…

Yes, a misunderstanding. I don’t see the Daily mixes on the Home Screen. Most of the Home Screen I find pointless, but daily mixes I would actually quite like. :yum:

Only just updated to 806 update tonight although really like the new features in Tidal such as daily playlists etc and new look. I think since the 1.8 negative feedback by a few members are all in the past and the numerous updates since have really improved the whole user experience.
Having just added some incredible Avalon speakers to my system I’m simply enjoying Audio Nirvana especially with the improved recommendations etc listening to all sorts of incredible music which let’s face it is why us members are here.
As someone who I thought had a reasonable music collection both Tidal & especially Roon have me appreciating some truly talented artists who offer all sorts of eclectic music.
Keep up the great work improving what is in my humble opinion by far the best music App for listening to Audiophile quality music.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: No Daily Mix Available

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Daily Mix Showed Yesterday, Gone Today

Thank you for the constant updates. These are great and look forward to exploring them! However, one bug I’m still noticing after reporting this a couple months ago is still present. I would think this should be a relatively easy fix and assume its just been overlooked. See my original post here: Roon 1.8 (Build 790) Feedback - #61 by tholt

Summary: When on the Home page looking at all the albums (Home > New Releases - MORE), clicking on a genre and then an album within that genre, then clicking the back arrow takes you ALL the way back instead of one hop back to the specific genre page. A bit annoying. Thanks

1 Like