Roon 1.8 (build 814 stable) crashes after two seconds

Windows 10 21H1, Intel i7, 16GB of RAM.

In the same machine I have Roon and RoonServer.

The RoonServer works fine, but, the Roon client, when I try to open it close (crash) itself after 2 or 3 seconds.

If I reinstall it, it works again, but, after a couple of days, same issue, it crashes at the start (it opens then crash), then I need to reinstall the latest build and it works for some days.

I have this isse by about two months.

What can I do?

Hi @RiseFall123

Please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link (or any other file sharing service) and we’ll take a look at what’s happening.

Can you also give us a bit more information about your library? About how many tracks total do you have? Where are they stored?

sounds like graphics driver updates in Windoze

My library is 16109 tracks and 1734 albums.

While the Roon database it’s on the default location (C:), the library is entirely in a external 2TB hard disk USB 3.0.

I make present that RoonServer works always fine and the other clients (iPhone, iPad, RoooPie 1 and RoooPie 2) works always fine.

The only issue is only in the Windows 10 client that is the same computer with the RoonServer.

To who I can send, via private message, the requiered logs and files?

I would go to the graphics card manufacturer site and load the latest drivers, not Windows update.
Windows update often leads terrible driver versions.

I still didn’t update any driver (I wanted to wait the crash to happen again).

Today the crash happen again, same as before, I launch Roon and it crashed after 3 seconds. Then again and again.

I went into the Windows settings and choose manually to start Roon with the secondary GPU. It crashed again.

Then I back there and choose manually that Roon must start with the primary GPU. It worked!

Then I went back again selecting secondary GPU and it continues to work.

For now is still continue to work without the need to uninstall and reinstall.

2 Likes