Roon 1.8 (Build 880) Feedback Thread

Yes, had the same experience. Many of the images I added to my collection are missing as well. A lot of them I kept in a folder so can re-enter them but as you say, wasted work (aka time).

I need a clean Roon 1.8 build 880 apk file for installation on my Fiio M9 player which I would like to use as a Room remote (the Fiio runs a customized version of the Android os but does not have access to the Google Play store so I need to download the file elsewhere and sideload for the install). Can someone point me to the file here on this site or somewhere else on the web? I am running the updated v. 1.8 on a Dell Windows 10 pc as my core. So far there have not been any problems with the core or with other devices. Thanks in advance for your help.

https://roonlabs.com/downloads

I think thereā€™s plenty of room for the DIY crowd. I am just speculating on whether the options are too broad.

A great idea in the early days. But now maybe unsustainable.

Definitely seems to broad now.

1 Like

You know, I was being facetious, but maybe they should make Roon a hardware/software product with a choice of a Nucleus or pre-built and loaded NUC. No more ā€œdo it yourself.ā€ Have a Windows/Apple version of the software available for a limited time for testing prior to ordering the hardware version. After all, how many people build their own TV? They would end up with 4 devices to support. Two Nucleusā€™ and two NUCā€™s.

2 Likes

Thank you for responding quickly to my request. I appreciate it.

1 Like

YOU BROKE MY ROON!!
corrupt database, no audio devices, drives appear disconnectedā€¦ SILENCE

2 Likes

Something has to change. These upgrades are brutal for some of our fellow Rooniesā€¦ Rooners? Roonites?

2 Likes

Maybe more, smaller updates instead of less, huge updates.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been lucky and Iā€™m loving the update. Suddenly I can stream at 24/192 to my Ropieee endpoints on WiFi! :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

5 Likes

Broken record time (Iā€™m dating myself)ā€¦butā€¦When is Roon going to allow us to customize the colors of the interface? I donā€™t like the purple and red. Maybe others do, but I donā€™t. It hurts my eyes. Why canā€™t I choose what colors to see, is this impossible? Anyway, my custom themes make Roon crash, blah blah blah. Please reply if there is a workaround. Thanks!!

I reported on another thread (since merged with this one although I can no longer find the post to edit it) that artist and album pictures were very slow to load on both iPad and iPhone, repeatedly.
Well, itā€™s now sorted! I went through a few steps to get there (this is on my iPad - Iā€™ve not had time to play with the iPhone yet).
In the end it took a reinstall of Roon software on my NUC to sort things. Even then art loading was slow until all artwork was loaded, but once that had happened - I had to slowly scroll through album and artist screens from top to bottom as the artwork was populated - all was fine.
Thanks, Roon folk - so far very nice upgrade now Iā€™ve sorted that problem!

Michael

Well, to me everything I expected to be fixed is not. A bunch of new playlists and community pics stuff would have been cool if the core functionality was good. eg Iā€™d prefer to have a pleasant to use iOS app or adding albums to my library from Qobuz without spinning wheels for minutes and fail over that. A consistent library which is capable to process duplicates and preserve your grouping etc.
It doesnā€™t feel at all that there were any improvements in terms of streaming. Itā€™s volatile, it gets slow, it doesnā€™t work sometimes. Absolutely like it was before for me.
And yeah, on iOS pictures load so slow I feel like Iā€™m on dialup again.

1 Like

And not so close to Christmas. People relay on music for family gathering. It would be terrible to have no music if your roon gets bricked

2 Likes

I didnā€™t notice this at first, but it seems a lot of my artist/band icons have been replaced by band logos?

When i visit the band/artists page it seem there is a proper image there though. Still, the Artist view give a very inconsistent view with mixed logos and photos, i donā€™t think i like this very much.

I have also seen som very questionable artist images where iā€™m pretty sure the Art Director may have had a smoke too much.
The icon for Anastacia for example, iā€™m no expert here but that doesnt look like her?

And, Christina Aguilera??? Not very representative anyways

Valence seem a great idea but i donā€™t like the idea of other users mucking with my experience, so to speakā€¦

Would you mind come over to my place and scroll through my 12K albums also? Iā€™ll offer you coffee and music whileā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

i get error no audio player in roon 880, and db error (white screen)

Updated nicely here on my NUC8I7BEH, PC and Andriod phone.

Added cover art to track row on Playlist details

Great, the thumbs are back in the playlists, thanks :ok_hand:

Thank you for expressing gratitude to the roon team who make roon an incredible enjoyable beautiful tool for us users :slight_smile: