Roon 1.8 (Build 880) Feedback Thread

You have a point especially where they’ve placed these playlists, right in the middle of all these custom sections about me. These playlists are not about me, no customization at all. When Qobuz does this kind of thing it’s mixed in with the genre you first choice. They have no customization either but it is at least narrowed down. I’m not against these playlist, just feels out of place on the personalized Home Screen.

can I go back to latest version before 1.8? My aries mini plays for some minutes and then music will stop.
only a powercycle of the aries mini will bring back into the play. my sonos roam is recognized from roon 1.8, but is not playing at all.
1.8 is very disappointing.
My core runs on debian

My Feedback. Updated Thursday and used it most of the day yesterday. No issues.

1 Like

+1 on this. The logos as avatar are annoying

1 Like

Is there any official feedback on the “black box/background” issue being fixed soon?

Why didn’t Roon team just center the artist image and maybe use some blurred background towards the sides if needed, like this:

Been trying to update for 36 hours now.

If I am speedy enough to click on the swirling progress button in the upper right corner of the screen, I’ll get this.

And if I look at the server from its IP address, I get this:

My upgrade mostly went fine but I’m not very excited about having this problem back.

2 Likes

The Home page is loading very slowly since the update.

1 Like

Unfortunately, Build 882 does not change anything if you are suffering from the “corrupted database issue” as many users.

1 Like

Can you not just restore the database from a previous backup?

Nope, if the backups are corrupted also.

1 Like

Why would past backups be corrupted?

I think some users have posted good results from updating to Roon Build 882, then restoring a backup.

Nop … you’ll find some other threads here where many user are crying because of loosing tons of metadata (lists, ratings, images, edited texts …). None of the older backups works.

I had to restore a previous backup after upgrading to Build 882 today. A lot of my albums were ‘missing’. However, reinstalling the latest database backup solved the problem.

2 Likes

Because it was possible to back up an already corrupt database. That’s not possible anymore since 880, but before it was just making backups which cannot be restored if db was already corrupted.

I think there’s no need to restore a backup; many of us had albums missing after upgrading to B880/882. A simple Roon server restart on your core computer resolves this issue.

Like in old Windows 3/95/NT days, if anything goes wrong with Roon, first thing to do is to restart the Roon server app. If this doesn’t resolve the problem, then reboot the Core computer. This cuts the support requests in half… :rofl:

5 Likes

This!!!
Absolutely Andreas :rofl: