Roon 1.8 (Build 880) Feedback Thread

In the post announcing Build 882, they say that 880 is still the current build for Android and IOS control devices and bridge devices.

1 Like

Hey @Signal2Noise

This is from B882 release notes:

3 Likes

One of these days I’ll learn to read release notes. :+1:

5 Likes

There is an option , in art director, to reject & edit the images presented. If sufficient users reject an image it should be removed. obviously this process will take some time to become really effective but eventually we should see considerable improvements in the images presented.

1 Like

thank you Andreas: rebooting my ROCK NUC too did it :slight_smile:
fingers crossed, now, for 882 :joy:

1 Like

Running ROCK on Intel NUC with over 260,000 tracks. This update is taking a very long time to install…

1 Like

So a big DB might take longer to process, how long is a very long time?

1 Like

I had a smooth update to build 880. After reading about all the problems here, I’m in fear for update to build 882.

Are there any experiences about an update from (running) 880 to 882?

If you have 880 and it’s working then 882 should be smooth.
Build 882 is mostly fixes for systems that have issues with build 880. Mine was up and running in 2 minutes.

1 Like

Still have issues with loading album art. Takes too long.
So far everything else works. I’m on 882

2 Likes

It has been said a few times already, your images need to cache and will do for a few days. Maybe give it a day or so of normal use.

2 Likes

Both worked perfectly for me.

Searching qobuz content from within Roon still is not giving same results as with qobuz app.
An example, with qobuz app, search for a spiritual christmas and it will give you a playlist as result.
With roon app, also searching for the same is not resulting in showing the playlist from qobuz. In the search results, not even a single playlist is shown.

I don’t think Roon’s search looks at Qobuz (or Tidal) Playlists at all. If you want this, I suggest you ask for it by posting in the Feature Suggestions category of the forum.

As workaround I mark the item in qobuz app as favorite and then in roon I can see my qobuz playlists.
But here, way of presenting with cover art is different, so roon chooses some own cover image?

Ok, that explains things, I will ask for it in feature suggestions category.

7 posts were split to a new topic: B882 - Search Not Working Correctly

Right - so if you don’t want to proceed further, let me know, and I’ll delete your Support request.

Fair enough. If you want to add in details then the Support thread is now open, but as @Geoff_Coupe
has said, please let him know if you want to delete that thread.

Roon does work well for many users once it’s set up, but things can (and do) go wrong. Roon offers a unique set of features, but this does mean that it places strains and demands on one’s hardware, including networks. Whatever you decide, happy listening - the new one from Elbow is excellent and I never tire of Andrew Bird. :grinning:

1 Like

A thought on “playlists by Roon”. I don’t mind it, nor do I mind many of the other suggested music paths that have been opening up since 1.8. I do have lots of sympathy for those who hate these features, and can understand why they want those collapsible / removable.

However, what does bug me is that I can’t express my preferences about individual playlists more clearly. If I definitely don’t want Icelandic jazz or holiday carols, I should be able to “dismiss” that suggestion for me. Seems like that kind of input would be very useful for learning my preferences too, because I’m making a strong statement. But even if the underlying learning mechanism is doing something fairly “dumb” like just hiding the one I said I didn’t want to see and not understanding the relationship between that and my preferences, I’m not stuck with what feels like an unresponsive and only theoretically personalized CMS. Putting these playlists in front of me seems to convey an even stronger notion of “we think you’d like this” than suggesting albums, in part because of the way Spotify has conditioned us. The bar has been raised on curating playlists. So I’m all for Roon having playlists available, and ones they make. You’ve demonstrated that you can write suggesting services that are useful to me. But this one risks me thinking again that you don’t know what you’re doing - and in a “higher stakes” representation than just suggesting albums. Giving me the chance to interact with these in a positive and negative way (ie not just by listening or not listening) and adapting immediately feels like it’s needed to help me feel “in control”.

My 2 cents.

2 Likes