Roon 1.8 (Build 880) Feedback Thread

Scroll down, I found them there…

Yes i think you need a streaming service as all the tracks are on there.

Does anyone know how to revert to the old Build while Roon fixes this one?

1 Like

No nightmare scenario but some odd glitches which may not be related to updating.

Update to 880 went without incident and playing from local library was fine. Today Tidal logged out in the middle of playing a track. Later Roon became unresponsive when checking the Signal Path, had to force quit. Neither of these has ever happened before.

So, @Mark_Johnson2, I got tired of waiting for the Amazon Roon app update with each new build and went ahead and modded my Kindle Fire to accept Play Store apps because the android updates are released almost simultaneously with the core build release. There are lots of videos on how to do this mod, but I’ve linked one that includes links to the four necessary apk files. It’s pretty easy to do as long as you pay attention to the correct order of apk installations. Obviously all the usual disclaimers about your own responsibility for modding your gear, etc…

1 Like

Same here unfortunately

In my opinion, making comments don’t add value to the issues at hand. Constructive feedback is what’s needed. Unsupported speculation is what drives many of the the threads on this forum down to shouting matches and vitriol.

I get you are disappointed, that’s clear. But would you comment or act this way at work in an open meeting with mixed levels of Staff present?

It’s up to us to set the tone.

I do hope your issues are fixed by now or will be soon. This is a hobby and should bring us joy.

Take care.

5 Likes

Play Now / Play From here actions disable shuffle

That is a big improvement in usabilty. Thanks for this.

iPad mini 6. I miss the skip buttons.
It’s also a shame that at first glance you can’t see what genre of music it is. To do this, you first have to tap on Info.

Here a picture.

First, my system:
Alienware M17 R3 Laptop, Windows Server 2019 Standard, RME ADI-2 DAC FS (AKM 4493), Roon+HQPlayer
After the update to Build 880 Roon suddenly crashes for no reason after the screen went off (I have a 5 min timeout ) and goes on after moving the mouse to do further actions like skipping track. I tried different versions of HQPlayer (4.13.1, 4.14.0, 4.15.0 )
I did quite a clean intall of windows but the effect is the same with Build 880. No problems with Build 831…

Update went smoothly. Have core roon rock on intel nuc. Only issue I’m seeing is the Homepage is very slow loading up all the parts. The recently add/played comes right up but rest has roon logo showing it’s loading. Search is better but still takes a little time to bringing back the best results. Starts showing things and then updates and swaps out it’s results.

Big thing that was fixed was the new release recommendations. Before if I would hit rock and then select an album and then go back it would reset to All and be back at the top. Now rock is still selected and scroll is right where I left off.

I know sound quality is subjective but in past release on Naim HE, Qobuz played directly from Naim sounded slightly different from playing from roon. Now I can’t tell the difference. Naim HE also had update that said improvements to roon implementation.

2 Likes

This seems like an important and very commonsense suggestion. I hope someone on Team Roon realizes how useless it is to scan for a corrupt DB in the middle of an update that will cause a complete failure if the discovered “latent” corruption in the DB (SURPRISE!) halts the update with no way back. ESPECIALLY since declining an update is not an option.

7 Likes

Same here, should have known better than to trust Roon. Subs due in February. Maybe time for a change

The update seems to have solved the constant interruptions I had with Tidal especially towards the evening hours. great!

3 Likes

A quick search for Apple Magic Keyboard reveals numerous Feature Requests/Comments going back almost two years.

Updated Roon Core and all my devices with no hitches and everything working properly

1 Like

would be interesting to see, for those who have had no-problem updates, what the core is installed on… mac, windows, ROCK on a NUC, Nucleus, etc… seems like most of the issues are on windows/mac.

1 Like

ROCK on NUC for me.

Fortunately no issues.

ROCK on docker on Synology NAS for me, no issues at all (other than going above seven Sonos zones which was bad but not for core / library).