As our team heads into the holidays, we have a few fixes we wanted to get out to everyone as soon as possible.
This build addresses several issues that have come up since last week’s release but which did not come up either during our extensive internal QA process or among the hundreds of alpha or beta testers that ran this build before launch. While some of these issues only occur under extremely specific (and uncommon) conditions, others should have never seen the light of day. We’re investigating how this happened, so we can ensure it does not occur again.
The issues addressed in this release can prevent Roon from loading your audio zones or some of your albums, and one particularly troublesome issue relates to media that contains invalid Unicode characters, which could cause problems when loading your database.
If you are having trouble loading your library, we suggest trying again with this build. It resolves multiple issues in this area.
From the whole Roon team, we wish everyone a happy and a healthy holiday season, and a great new year!
The Team At Roon Labs
Roon Build 884 is now rolling out for macOS, Windows, Windows (64 Bit), Roon OS, and Linux.
All platforms and apps should update automatically.
There is no update for Roon on Android or iOS at this time, nor are there updates for Roon Bridge
- Resolved issues causing variable number of library albums across app starts
- Fixed issue processing invalid Unicode characters which could cause problems loading your library
- Resolved issue loading library when using Turkish localization
- Resolved an issue which in certain cases could prevent start of the radio playback session
- Fixed a crash when Roon app is minimized