Roon 1.8 (Build 903) Feedback Thread

Sad to see there are again such critical infrastructure problems - and still no feedback from @support

Users who are paying for the service also need to rely on it. Seems the promised learnings / adaptions from last time were not taken seriously.

4 Likes

I’m still gun shy after 903 and 904 update caused Roon to behave oddly.

I was able to revert to 898 which is working for me.

Anyone else notice weirdness with iOS local volume when using the latest version of the Roon app? I used the app on my iPhone as a remote a few times today, and afterwards local volume was set to 100%.

ROCK on nuc10i3 and when I play start it takes at least 10 seconds before the song starts. I’ve already open a ticket. Hope to fix this issue soon

1 Like

Yea, I’ve been experiencing the 100% volume bug again for a while now. I have a support ticket in and submitted logs but they disappeared into a black hole and I haven’t heard anything from support for over a week. Pretty frustrated.

2 Likes

Android scrolling - no improvement. Jerks up and down and horizontal page change is still overly sensitive and hard to control. This is particularly true in the pages of Now Playing, eg, artist bio, release review, etc.

1 Like

Tablet or phone?
I am asking because I have buttery smooth scrolling on my Samsung M11 mobile phone, when scrolling through artists.

Tablet. My phone is ok, I think, as I don’t use it for Roon much. It occurs on my Galaxy Tab A and has been for more than a year. I have reported it more than once, as have others. I have created support request and even submitted a video on their request which was then ignored. Or, at least, I never heard anything further. I purchased a brand new Amazon Fire HD and the same problem occurred.

This is not new.

3 Likes

Same here…

1 Like

Yes. Mine regularly crashes -approx. every 2 hours - but was stable before the upgrade. Also BBC radio stations still only stay on for approx. 5 minutes.

I have an active setup, and use DSP volume via ipad, iphone and PC.
I haven’t had any issues.

Good luck with finding out what is going on.

1 Like

Yes, mine crashes after some time.

1 Like

Hello
Several Nuc crashes in the last two weeks almost every day. I have to unplug it and plug it back in for it to come back alive. Roon freezes all of a sudden and I lose contact and it’s the breakdown. What’s the problem— Add to this the absence of words, sometimes a slowness of ROOn to react…

I feel for those having issues. It would drive me nuts. My experience is different and this is a feedback thread.

No issues with NUC/ROCK or remotes (IPAD 12.9 and Windows 10 laptop) after Build 903. No idea why its different.

I’ve had a playlist from Your Daily Mixes followed by Roon Radio going for over 24 hours in our office space with no interruptions (forgot to shut it down last night). 2 zones going all day, everyday, for the past week with no interruptions.

4 Likes

Reason why I get nervous every time a new build or update is put out.
Always feel sorry for those users with the issues, I will go nuts.

Peace,
Tony

I think at least some of those experiencing windows crashes are on Windows 11. That is certainly my case.

My M1 MAC Mini (Roon Core) and my 2012 MAC Mini (Roon server) continue to work flawlessly!

Roon is the best way to listen to streamed music there ever has been! Bravo to the Roon Team!

1 Like

Its frustrating that Roon is not consistently reliable for ‘all’ users.
The lack of forum comment and assistance from Roon is concerning, considering this is a paid product.

I had one Roon app lockup on a very old ipad last night. However this doesn’t occur on my iphone 13 with the latest Roon releases and IOS. So for me at least things are reliable.

If users are experiencing core lockups I would certainly try a different PC and test.
I know when I moved my endpoints from wireless to wired, IOS app lockups stopped. I find in my system at least, if IOS app locks, its coming from a phone locked state to active app state.

My advice for users having issues with Core machines, is to try Rock.
I suspect Rock on a NUC removes a lot of potential issues which could arise, via Windows 10/11. Or use a purpose built Roon server with Ubuntu and Roon server.

The variation in home network design is impossible to manage. If possible use wired connections, with a simplified network topology.

4 Likes

It might be worth taking a look at the device minimum specifications….

Cheers… Yep I’m aware, and my control tablets/devices meet all requirements.

My iPad runs the current IOS, I have deleted and reinstalled the app, but the freezes from locked state to active still happen. Go figure.

1 Like