Roon 1.8 (Build 903) Feedback Thread

Same with 904, no biggy but still weird.

I hear you I was too and that’s the first thing I tested out but alas I was wrong, surprised, shocked… this fix is taking too long, it’s a small issue that should have been fixed years ago.

With build 903 I now have a few times per day that this radio station stops and the message is displayed that the station is maybe not reachable or the address has maybe changed.

Then a few minutes later it suddenly works again and the stream can be played.

Never had this problem with this station before the Build 903 installation.

Is there any activity to look at the W11 crashes? Mine has been crashing randomly but regularly since the 903 update?
In each instance i can start up again and continue from where it left off, i have also noticed the scrolling of lyrics to be jumpy but i can live with that if the music keeps playing.

I am curious what the back out plan is for this software release???

Is there anyway i can revert to the previous version while the bugs are ironed out??

… Its worth pointing out that i’m a new user but as i approach the end of my trial this isn’t a great introduction to Roon.

For the last few updates, after the update a lot of my album covers draw as black boxes. A restart fixes it, but it is kind of annoying.

After the 904 update today, I had to restart due to that. Then, after a few minutes of browsing, all the buttons at the top of the screen stopped working (bookmarks, < >, etc.) I tried switching from full screen mode (how I usually run), but it made no difference. A restart seems to have fixed the issue. Meaning 904 required two restarts before it worked correctly.

after installed the latest update, I have disconnect issue every 2 minutes, then it reconnect automatically, so it is unusable at all, anyone having the same issue?
even I am not playing any music, it keep losting connection, have already tried re-booting everything
Roon Core: ROCK at intel NUC
Storage: Synology NAS DS920
Endpoint: Raspberry pi with ropee

James don’t let this bother you…some folks love attention.

Sorry to hear about your issues and hope that the Roon team can take of this.

Peace,
Tony

I did loose some of the artworks, specially on some set boxes. Update 904 didn’t fixed it so I had to again organized them manually. In my case it was no big deal.

Peace,
Tony

If memory serves me correct, B904 only applies to macOS.

1 Like

If you haven’t seen yet, gather here:

1 Like

After updating the app on my Samsung galaxy 21FE freeze, and is not responding, several uninstall and install didn’t help. Any ideas? @support @support @support is anybody out there

Software android 12

And yes I did reboot server and phone.

This is where I get stock every time.

the backup on the network hard drive is not visible, but the backup is operating correctly and it was working fine before. In addition, it is possible to backup from the U disk, but the previous backups that were kept before are automatically deleted.This problem has nothing to do with the core. It is the 903 version that has this problem. I have tried ROCK, windows, and linux systems.

I am having a strange issue where select play and the iPad app shows it playing, but no progress or sound. Repeated play selection gets it going. This happens with Radio stations as well.

I am using Qnap core and storage all hard wired basic cables and switches.

Ok, Rebooting my Meridian 210 seems to have fixed this issue

I just replaced my first installation on a spinning disc with a new one on SSD.
Restoring the backup worked smoothly, despite other directories in the backup.
Thanks to the team :+1:
(Synology DS720+, Roon 1.8 (903), Windows 10, Android 12, iOS)
conniff

Yes … I am now frequently losing connection to my Core from Roon Remote (on my iPad).

Scrolling on my Roon Remote on a Samsung S5e or Oneplus 7T (both on Andoid 11) is now not near as fluid as before, it’s stuttering, especially when scrolling through a large selection of albums, artists etc. Sometimes Roon freezes. Music keeps playing when it does. Roon Core is running version 1.8 build 903 on a Grimm Mu1. Other than this build nothing changed in my setup. Otherwise no issues!

Today I experienced a network problem. Nothing worked. No Metadata, no Tidal, no Qobuz. I closed and opened many times the program, I rebooted my W11 machine and my router. Every time the same.

And suddenly it worked. Maybe a server was down?

1 Like

Yes been issues all day with some services

1 Like

Probably amazon’s server network causing problems (again). :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Since updating I can’t run Roon at all.