Roon 1.8 (Build 911) Feedback Thread

Anyone noticing significant slow down of search speed with this latest release?

Streaming Tidal > Roon sounds much better with build 913, improved detail and richness of tone. Terminator 2 w Gaia never sounded this great.
Is this just a programming side effect or can more sonic improvements be intentionally worked on? Who might the wizard be?

The officially stated major improvements in streaming & caching infrastructure in the Release build of 991.

totally agreed!

When I use an iPad as a remote, Roon seems to work well.

When I use the same iPad to read artist and album information on Roon (which is usually excellent, by the way), I do encounter scrolling problems.

The scrolling problems occur as I scroll the screen down because the article (on Roon) is longer that the screen. It usually jumps back to the beginning of the article I am reading. I have tried a lot of “experiments” with my scrolling technique but none seem to make any difference.

This has been happening for many months and did so as recently as 36 hours ago.

I do not use an external keyboard nor do I have other apps running at the same time. This does not occur when running other apps, so it appears to be strictly a Roon issue.

It does happen very consistently and has not seemed to change any despite numerous Roon build updates.

I am constantly amazed at how my Roon system sounds. Sometimes I wonder if it has actually gotten better but I find it hard to tell.

I have found that there are more skips at times as playback occurs (from my collection). I seem to be able to get rid of them by re-booting my entire system and have found myself doing that about once every week or two.

Earlier today yes, then it cleared up….