Roon 1.8 (Build 931) - Feedback

Have you tried using a manual DNS in the ZS, such as Cloudflare’s 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1?

If the logins are failing you won’t get metadata. I usually fix that by rebooting my router, or setting a manual DNS (cloudflare or google) on my computer or in my router GUI.

I’m using the icloud DNS from apple.

I’m sure it has been mentioned elsewhere but the Now playing-screen looks kinda sad on the iPad (Pro 12.9" 2020):

Only half of PSB allowed?

On my current Core, a HP AIO Touchscreen it’s looking good though:

5 Likes

Hello
I don’t know about you but here since update 931 roon radio does not chain music after listening to an album. However the settings are correct. Roon stops
Have a good day

2 Likes

The same on ipad mini. Horizontal looks quite ok, but portrait/vertical I can see the same issue.

1 Like

So maybe this will be fixed someday…

Same here. It’s time for the systematic problems to cease.

Fullscreen is broken on my W11 Asus Zenbook Flip 13 laptop:

Fullscreen was… fullscreen in earlier versions.

It killed my core connection. See support post. Unable to connect to core since.

It seems that roon server, installed on a nuc with roon OS, re-starts every 15 seconds. Anyone else the same?

In case this may help identify the problem: I have the same machine but running Windows 10. It does fullscreen normally.

I think it depends on screen resolution

How about this one then:
iPad Pro 12.9" 2020, iPad OS 15.4.1:

And on the Core, HP Elitebook 840G6 14" (1920*1080):

Not even the same image? :smiley:

1 Like

Haha! Next album up, Rhye. Different images again:

1 Like

I noticed this difference between my Laptop and IPAD 12.9. It there are several photos for the album the devices will be switching the photos at different times based on when the first appeared. The same photo will be display on both devices but not in sync. That is what I noticed here anyway.

I didn’t see this for these two examples Mike, the artist image seemed static on both displays. No biggie, but still a bit odd? :slight_smile:

Artist picture not matching what’s currently playing but otherwise no major quirks. :slight_smile:

After the update to 931 roon core my Sony TV (Android OS with Chromecast) is no longer recognised as endpoint. After rebooting the core the TV is seen for some seconds then disappears again.

Login problems and core connection issue seem to be gone. Pulled the router more into the room. And changed some settings .

Would be really something if the router location was the problem and neither roon or the streaming services had anything to do with it.

Artist pictures + what’s playing do perfectly match for me on my android phone, MacBook, iPad and my streamer display (Cambridge CXN V2)

Hahaha. Not 931. The fact that I’m still not used to my magic keyboard not scrolling lists (like the zone list). That literally took my a week to figure out (during which I just used my phone instead). Oh, humans.