Roon 1.8 (Build 931) - Feedback

Pink floyd comes out 1st for me wherever i start the Search from

Just typing ā€œPinkā€ for me puts it second in the results:

Word of caution to Mac Mini users who are also in the Mac Beta program I installed macOS 12.4 Beta yesterday and my machine crashed consistently after about 20 seconds of starting Roon Server - I had to reinstall 12.3.1.
Wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

I had to clean the cache folder in the roon folder. Restart my roon core and things are working mostly fine.

But my roon core (MacBook M1, always online, no sleep mode) disconnects randomly during playback. Sometimes every 10 minutes and other times everything is good for hours.

I got qobuz and tidal and the disconnects happen with both services.

I have a WiFi 6 router and the MacBook has WiFi 6. The roon endpoint (Cambridge CXN V2) is hardwired into the router.

(100-115mbps download should be plenty.)

Before the current update I was running the 14 day trial followed by a 30 day subscription and had nearly zero disconnects.

Got a lifetime subscription a day before the update and I got more disconnects In half a day than previously in 1.5 months

1 Like

First place for me, but I have quite a few of their albums. Perhaps, if you donā€™t have any albums, it doesnā€™t prioritise.

Agreed. Thatā€™s a horrible version.

I had the same problem.

The only solution Iā€™ve found to fix this is to uninstall the core and also delete all backups.

However, you should consider that by doing this you will also lose all the adjustments, bookmarks and tags etc. you have made until now.

1 Like

With ā€œPinkā€ I get Pink Floyd @ 55th. That makes sense to me as I never listen to Pink Floyd or play anything vaguely related. ā€œPink Martiniā€ are at the top and several other choices I do or might be interested in listening to.

It seems that roon has worked out I am not much interested in Pink Floyd, but I am curious why it would think I would be interested in various Pink Floyd tribute bands?

1 Like

Update went smooth, no technical problems.

Unfortunately, still no fix to the absolutely broken functionality of productions not being displayed on the artist overview page. Canā€™t see an artistā€™s remixes or outside productions / collaborations, canā€™t search for particular masterings.

Would really hope this gets fixed asap as itā€™s currently convoluted trying to get to find things outside of main album artists.

This what I get:

Much of my artwork has disappeared, that is, no album covers. Tried clearing the cache and rebooting but to no avail.

You are missing out! One of the great prog bands of the 60ā€™s and 70ā€™sā€¦

1 Like

My client on windows was stuck at initializing.
Took me an hour to remember I could control it with a phone . . . duhr.
yup client issue.
I had to uninstall the windows client.
REBOOT
then reinstall.
windows uninstall/reinstall didnā€™t work.

It was a bleak time . . .

How strange. That is more or less what I get except Pink Floyd is at the back of the list.

No doubt. Iā€™m old enough to remember them from the 70ā€™s when there was no escape from radio play. Had my fill then I guess.

They were best if you were stoned.

1 Like

Radio play doesnā€™t show Pink Floyd in their best light. Their work is intended to be listened to by playing the full album. Their top 40 singles history is pedestrian. But their albums history is stellar!

I donā€™t like Pink Floyd but I donā€™t know why that makes a difference if I do a search on Pink Floyd. Visitors or other family members often ask me to play music I donā€™t like but I still expect to be able to find it easily.

3 Likes

Apparently I have 3 albums in my library by Floyd, I donā€™t. I added them at some point to listen to via Qobuz but deleted them as I still canā€™t stand them. Roon wonā€™t delete them.

Thatā€™s because 3 is the minimum number of Pink Floyd albums allowed in a Roon libraryā€¦
They be a bit Like an Eagleā€™s lyric where you can check out anytime you want, but they can never leave

6 Likes

I get roughly the same.

But album covers are all still there. Just checked out a few bands and all still ok.

Covers , banners are there. Albums are correct ones without stuff from other bands mixed in.

Only thing that I still get is ā€œqobuz and tidal Login failedā€.