Roon 1.8 (Build 931) - Feedback

I have to report that Roon is working fine now after one day and two reboots! Seems like some burn-in was required! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

I rebooted this morning and so far only crashed once. I guess the new build needs to get to know my PC better. :joy: :rofl: :sweat_smile:

Excellent new topic for an amusing thread - “Roon burn-in strategies”… :wink:

2 Likes

Haha! Great idea! After music, laughter is the best soul food!

1 Like

All clients are up to date (1.8 build 931). Support thread opened.

Roon 931 working great on all zones from my phone (iPhone 13, app version 931) but can only see 5 of my 11 zones from my iPad AIr 5 (app version 931). Restarted app, restarted iPad, restarted core. Same results. Any ideas?

Hmmm…

4 Likes

It looks like the issue occurs only if you have Roon minimized and it will be unresponsive for a couple of minutes (sometimes crash) when you maximize it.

Interesting. Here’s what I get …

The sad observation that a minimized Roon window (Windows 10) stops responding after the return and Roon then crashes I have also made several times.

This occurs only with release 1.8-931

The purple haze around the waveform is gone and for me it seems to have resurfaced in the Phychedelic/Garage! :joy: :joy: :joy:

… and I have this with a poor crop

By the way: artist avatars are still buggy and not in line with Valence Art Director:

I hate to say it but I’m glad I’m not the only one.

I did reboot my PC and the crash did stop but maximized Roon client still resulted in the client becoming unresponsive for up to 30 seconds.

If we are honest, Roon gives us a lot of pleasure, but always trouble from time to time and we hope the team can clarify and fix point by point.

3 Likes

Seems like the pause/play issue is sorted. Thanks…

1 Like

I can confirm this.

I think we were expecting an improvement here, see Roon 1.8 (Build 923) - Feedback - #224 by simon_pepper but as you say it is fully full screen edge-to-edge on an iPad (mine is a iPad Pro 9.7)

Search in 931 plumbing new depths for me. I am no fan of Pink Floyd but still a search returning “Pink Floyd” as the 10th item? Number one is an Australian tribute band. There is actually a band called “Floyd Pink” and search manages to return that as the 9th item in front of “Pink Floyd”. I truly weird tribute band called “Celtic Pink Floyd” is the 2nd item.

BTW, Celtic Pink Floyd is an even worse idea than you think it is. Check out this cover of “Money”:

3 Likes