Roon 1.8 (Build 936) Feedback

Extremely sluggish performance here (4Ghz, 32GB RAM, Win 11, NVMe 980 Pro), 1-2 second delay when switching library tabs or inputting text. Very slow to launch (15-20sec) and a major regression from previous builds.

1 Like

There seems to be an issue with the roon servers and code IMO.

936 meant to address search load on the Roon server, however it seems to have caused noticeable loading delays elsewhere in the GUI. I.e image pull downs etc.

1 Like

Does anybody have Room 1.8 freeze when directly clicking on a place in the time bar?

Slow performance for me as well.

Performance was slow for me 2 days ago. But today it’s really good overall. No lag, disconnects or other problems

yeah looks like the fixed the back end issues. Nice and speedy at the moment.

Bert,

I ended up deleting the Roon app from my SGC i5, rebooting it, then added the Roon app back. It’s now working!

1 Like

The roon control app running on my macbook pro crashes today, I have never seen it before.

Previously it repeatedly crashed on my window 11 laptop, but I think the issue has been addressed, but now it happens on the macbook pro, obviously it must be a different root cause.

I never delete Roon app. Any trouble, I just stop Roon server first and reboot ST, everything perfect.

Artist discover albums loading much quicker now.
Good news.
Thanks Team.

1 Like