Roon 1.8 (Build 936) Feedback

Getting strange behaviour after expanding “Overview” in the artist bio. Using iPad Air as remote.

1. If I expand the artist bio and read to the end.

1. Closing this expanded window will leave me at the bottom of the artist page.

1. Didn’t this used to close back at the top of the page?

1 Like

You are correct, it use to go back to the top. I’m seeing the same odd behavior here.

1 Like

Try shutting down all your devices (including switches, accesspoints and router). Startup router and then switches and access point… wait until all have started, then start the rest of the devices on your network.

1 Like

I don’t know what is going on…perhaps a regional server access issue? Perhaps issues caused by me running Sophos? Will have to test. I also note many albums not showing up on Home, Added screen, after I have added them to library, and many blank album covers. I also had to login again to Tidal on all remotes. 936 is the most unstable version I have seen to date. What I do know, from overseeing large scale IT projects for military medicine, is that you can only go to the well once or twice with users. If you release a change, it better be better than the previous release, or users will start leaving. I do not claim to know how Roon is organized for software development, but it may wish to look at its capability in developmental, operational, and full regression testing, which appears to be lacking. Since I am on my soap box, and am the holder of a perpetual license with the right to complain, perhaps Roon will consider diverting resources from crazy projects like allowing users to upload different artist photos (Valence?) to better testing. As for the Valence thing, I submitted a couple of photos from Getty images and got no feedback at all as to whether they were accepted and incorporated, so what’s the point? Let’s get the basic program stable prior to adding more features.

1 Like

I had the issue with it not adding albums this morning on a few, had to go back and do them again. I think all this stuff is partly server related though as they started having issues with the servers last build that seemed to expose something and its continued to this build.

Same behaviour here on Windows 11 remote. The list of UI issues seems to grow every build.

1 Like

It appears as though library cache has been reset.
All my albums are loading back into cache.
Some loading of album art feels a little slow, even once the caching has been performed.

Other than that, I haven’t experienced any issues.

I can see one instance of Album art not loading on the album page…

Yet it appears on selection of the album.

CPU cycles are minimal. Although Ram is hitting close to 800mb on my Work windows 11 endpoint (5 minutes use).

Goto an artist’s page and select discography it will load slow. Go and look at some others or another section, go back to the same artie discography it will be slow again. It’s like the cache isn’t staying for this section. It’s fine in album view only see issue with slow loading discogs and the artist pages are way slower to open.

2 Likes

Yes I get slow loading on initial load.
For instance composers needed to load.
But clicking away to artists and coming back, the composers page is still loaded into cache - and appears instantly.

In saying that, the same doesn’t happen on the artist page, and some images need to load again.

Seems hit and miss depending on the quantity of images.

1 Like

On discographies? I’ve tried it on pc and it’s same behaviour for me. It’s not everytime but its doing it after I have visited a few other pages and then select the same artist again.

1 Like

Discover seems fine here.
I was writing about My library selections, Artists, Composers etc.

Artist Discographies not discovery.

This bit.

And here it is a few seconds later after navigating away.

2 Likes

Same problem here.

2 Likes

The Roon remote on my laptop or iPad, is unable to connect with the Roon Core on my SmallGreen Computers i5, since upgrading to 936. It just keeps “looking for your Roon Core”. I can connect to the Sonicorbiter from Safari, and everything is properly configured. Roon was working fine prior to 936.

Trying rebooting everything.

It would be valuable to have a representative from Roon involved in the conversation confirming issues and reporting actions.
Communication is everything as they say.

I’ve rebooted every piece of equipment in the chain multiple times and confirmed all my settings. I occasionally run into problems like this with Roon, but fortunately not very often.

2 Likes

Honesty. Is it not time for Roon to grow up and professionalize support? I, for one, am not looking for a 1950s-era ham radio experience – with a community of hobbyist geeks trading tips ‘n’ fixes – at this product level and pricing.

1 Like

Build 936 seem to have introduced a bug which I have not seen before, but i’ve seen other posts on this:

Now playing screen is empty, no artist, album, track or cover visible. The blurred background i have no ide from where it came? Edit: It was the album cover of the first song of the playlist i enjpyed, a few hours of Roon Radio ago…

This is on iPad Pro 12.9" 2020 iPad OS 15.4.1 and the Core is a Roon ROCK on a NUC10i7 with 16Gb DDR4 and Samsung 970 Evo Pro m.2 and a 4TB 980 SSD

Edit: It seems a restart of the App solved the issue this time.

Try this: