Roon 1.8 (Build 936) Feedback

Are you still on the Pixel?

On OnePlus you can lock them in memory, it’s made it a great Roon remote experience.

The iPad pro 11" should be my go-to but it’s memory limitations and restarting all the time make it a very disappointing experience.
I think Roon is just a memory hog, and maybe the development platform make it difficult to improve that.

A lot of Chinese Android phones pride themselves on battery life and much of this like Apple is around battery and memory optimisation and just keep shutting down apps that are causing potential issues and I often get informed that Roon is reducing battery life by my phone

Just popped up again

I have not seen that roaming issue, but it could be AP dependant. I use Orbi in my house, but I imagine it would be annoying

Yeah it could be aps and how they deal with fast switching I suppose. Yeah I got those notifications all the time when have battery optimisation off. It’s all got worse with Andorid 12 as it’s even more aggressive with wayward apps, which Roon appears to be.

1 Like

I’ve had the same issue with my iPhone crashing after installing the last 3 builds. A restart of the phone always sorted it out. Can you try?

As for the error you get from Qobuz, this usually happens when they remove the version you have in your library and replace it with another one. Check versions tab and Qobuz app.

Windows 10 64bit Core on i5 server
Windows 10 64bit Client on i7 desktop - Not responding.

Have restarted Core, updated graphics card driver, reinstalled Roon Client.

Will play music as audio zone if initiated from Roon on iPhone.

Thanks for the tips but reset Roon Core and Iphone already done without success…

Have you checked versions tab or the Qobuz app to see if what you have in your library has not been replaced?

Amen to that. Let’s focus on QC instead.

6 Likes

Running Core Server on Mac M1 mini with 16 Gb memory. Core is hard-wired ethernet and network speed is 300 mb/second. Access core using MacBook Pro with 32 Gb memory via Wifi. Yet on 936 still upon search, getting frequent messages that Roon servers not available, and search results only reflect my library.

Is it possible that this is a regional thing? Roon servers…

I’m running roon on a M1 MacBook Air with 8gb ram. Wireless 5ghz network.

And it has been flawless since 933. With a android 9 phone and a iPad air (3? ) As remote.

I have zero crashes, search is fast and accurate. I have no missing covers, roon core is always available. Audio is not skipping or anything.

Even qobuz and Tidal has no problems with logins etc.
And that’s while doing multiroom casting while my wife is using the MacBook for other things.

1 Like

Discography still loading slowly compared to all other sections, even going back to it with the navigational arrows it has the same delay in loading material.

1 Like

So after my comments yesterday about almost never seeing the black box, twice this morning I have gone into album view to find a black box with two outlines of albums in and nothing else. Throw Roon away and restart it and all is well.

There is a reason I do not contribute to these thread’s, the smugness God’s always come a looking for revenge :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Roon Windows Client is using a lot (25%) of CPU cycles.

Configuration: 1.8.936 server running on Nucleus+; 1.8.936 client running on Windows 7.

I can’t swear that this is only since .936, but it’s only since the .936 update that the performance impact on other applications running on my PC has been severe enough for me to look into who the culprit was & it’s Roon. I don’t recall ever seeing this before. Here’s a picture of the system idling. Most of the ~25% illustrated load is Roon “idling”.

Capture

@support: Lots of frozen screens on Android tablet (remote) since Update 935 and 936.
Just to let you know.
Samsung Galaxy S5e, latest Android Version 11, One UI Version 3.1 Roon build 935 for remote and 935 or 936 for core.
Not nice! :angry: Thanks

Since the 936 update I’m having trouble with playback through my Chromecast group which I’m using since pretty much the beginning since I’m using Roon. The group is set up via the Google Home app, as you do. Running the core on my DS916+.

• During playback of a DJ mix, music suddenly stops after just some minutes of play. It didn’t matter where I was playing throughout the mix. Roon interface says: “Roon lost control of the audio device”. Rebooting client/core didn’t help.

• Suddenly Roon can not seem to find the Chromecast group at all now under Settings, Audio. But the individual Chromecast devices are usable there as expected, not just as a group all together. It’s not listed anymore under the name I gave during the group setup. Worked fine before.

• Spotify is able to play to my Chromecast group as expected without any problems.

• I got no network issues whatsoever, most Chromecast devices in my network are LAN cable connected with fixed IP addresses. All good as far as I can see.

I Hope @support can look into this, if they need more info just let me know. Thanks!

Oh dear the Jellyfish returns

Then

Servers are not happy Roon side me fears.

Roon is super slow to load album art when popping up discography. This is pretty consistent since the last batch of Roon updates. Currently running Nucleus+ for core and Pi4 (ropieee) as endpoint.

3 Likes

Ipad mini with current ios - Visit Account Page button doesn’t work :slight_smile:
Core is running on NUC. Restart didn’t help.
Not sure of course if it worked before…

This button has never worked for me.

1 Like

I’m getting drop outs… Everything’s wired and its never dropped before, so this is super annoying. Roon, let’s get this stuff stable again.

1 Like

I get this a lot on my macOS and iOS remotes since the new build.

Followed by…

It’s also made the scrolling in the Recently Activity (Played/Added) screen on the iPad very choppy.

1 Like