The team is continuing its work to improve the Roon user experience and with that work comes another update. This week’s release includes a couple of major enhancements to Roon which should improve the overall experience for all users.
The first change involves a complete re-work of the mechanism used by remotes to initiate connections to the core. We gained some significant efficiencies here and all users should note remotes connecting and becoming useable much faster than they have in the past. This is especially apparent on iOS devices woken from sleep or where the Roon app is brought to the foreground.
The second major change involves changes to the way in which search results are scored and presented back to the user. Specifically, performers, composers, albums, and tracks that are in the library and/or set as favorite should start appearing higher in search results. For albums, we also track when content was added to the library and score appropriately.
This particular feature was developed as a response to community feedback and in order to help users better locate their content which isn’t available through any streaming service.
This build also resolves some minor inconsistencies with iOS peripheral behavior as well as several internet connectivity issues which may have resulted in a failure to load different types of content (streaming media, images, etc).
The full changelog can be found below.
-The Team at Roon Labs
Roon 1.8 (Build 952) Release Notes
Roon Build 952 is now rolling out for macOS, Windows, Windows (64 Bit), Roon OS, and Linux.
Updated versions of Roon for Android and iOS have been submitted to their respective App Stores and will be available soon.
No update to Roon Bridge this time
All platforms and apps should update automatically.
Changes for Build 952:
- Overhauled Core/Remote connection mechanism
- Implemented scoring for library content to improve search results
- iOS peripherals:
- Resolved an issue where drag-n-drop action causes unintended scrolling action
- Resolved an issue where using spacebar in a text input field causes pause/unpause
- Resolved an issue where using a tab in a text input field causes the sidebar to open
- Resolved an issue where importing files with an unreasonable amount of data in file tags could cause DB corruption
- Resolved an issue where track seeking during playback to Devialet Air could break playback
- Minor UI changes to the About page from Settings
- Fixed an issue that could result in failures to load multiple types of remote content (images, TIDAL or Qobuz tracks, etc)
- Resolved an issue where in certain cases TIDAL/Qobuz accounts could get into a disabled state
- Resolved a color handling issue on Android phones running Exynos 98XX processors
- Additional bug fixes and stability improvements