Roon 1.8: Cannot select audio zone

May be a hot-fix could be made to reboot the core remotely - embarrassing but would help.
If I group a vanished endpoint with a still existing one, both are gone after ungrouping.

I am having the same issue on 1.8

• Core running on Windows 10
  • Airplay and Chromecast Devices remain visible
  • Windows 10 Remote, Oppo UDP-205, Android and iPad Devices disappear and only a Core reboot will restore them. Powering off or stopping remote makes them unavailable as a zone.
  • All devices remain visible in Settings/Audio.
  • All worked fine on 1.7

Really frustrating transition so far.

I don’t have a GUI running on the server. The server does not need to be restarted, just the Roon core. From the Linux command line:

sudo systemctl restart roonserver.service.

This is still a big hassle. I have to turn on my amp and then walk to another room, log into the server and restart the core.

I am getting the same issue with my Pro-Ject Pre Box RS2 Digital Dac which is connected by USB to my Roon Nucleus. I find the DAC in the audio settings and things look normal there. However it is missing in the “select audio zone” menu, where I find my chromecast devices. This worked fine a couple of days after the 1.8 release but stopped working yesterday.

Same issue here. I have a Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 connected to my iMac via USB. It is not visible as Audio Zone any more - but it is in the settings. Until yesterday it worked fine.

Update: A restart of RoonServer on my Core (Mac Mini) solved the problem for now.

Apologies for the trouble, everyone!

Please see this post:

1 Like