Roon 1.8 can't select audio device

In roon 1.8, + synology https://roononnas.org/builds/Synology/RoonServer_Synology_x86_64_2020-12-15.spk + Mac OS 10.15.7

Audio devices are shown in the audio settings, but is not selectable.

2 Likes

Playback devices are selected from the play bar at the bottom of the screen (right-hand side, left of the volume)

Sorry for the trouble here, @Yasmina_Lee!

Our team is looking into this and we’ll follow up when we have more information about this.

1 Like

I have the same issue with build 756.
The local devices do not show up. A reboot of the Core will get them back for a short period but then they disappear again.

Its there and configured. But not selectable.

1 Like

Having the same issue. Can’t select my Ares II and have to reboot ROON to get it to work

1 Like

I´ve got this problem with my Cocktail device. After the update settings and the device don´t work. Settings are back, but the cocktail device is still missing. Sometimes it appears as airplay device, but not always. Reboot didn´t help.

I don’t know if this is exactly the same issue but I was having a similar problem of audio devices or zones not appearing, in just one zone of my two-zone group. It finally occurred to me that it was a problem with the grouped-zone so I ungrouped the zones and got both zones to work independently. Then I renamed one of the zones and regrouped the 2 zones and everything worked as before the update. (I have no idea if renaming one zone had anything to do with it or not. I just wanted to rename it.)

I have the same problem since the update of 1.8.
Audio devices activated but I am not able to select the device:
Device: Windows 7
Core: Windows 10
ROON: 1.8 build 756

Same problem! It started with the beginning of the beta test and the transition to 1.8, in the section Beta wrote about this more than once.

On Nucleus, when you on / off audio devices, the Core loses the ability to select them as a playback zone, they disappear from the list of available zones. The Core sees devices, they appear and disappear in the audio settings when enabled / disabled, but not in the lists of available audio zones. Only restart of the Roon server helps.
:cry:
This is repeated every time, this has never happened IN THE ALL THE TIME OF VERSION 1.7 WORKING!
It happened to me again after a reboot. Reboot seems to fix it, but only temporarily.

New LOGS:

Help, I’m tired of rebooting every time you turn on / off the DAC!

Sorry for the trouble, everyone! Please see this post: