Roon 1.8 does not see local folders on Linux ZFS drive [Resolved]

Roon 1.8 build 764, no change. Still unable to access local data.

There are good UI improvements in the recent dot releases so itā€™s nice to see the team working hard on addressing frequent criticisms. 1.8 is shaping out to be great.

But I still think that they are getting their priorities a bit mixed up. Discontinuity of service, be it for a minority or users, must always come first.

2 Likes

Absolutely. The UI performance has gotten rather nice with the 1.8 releases. Some questionable style changes, but I can totally live with that Iā€™m seeing.

This right here. Iā€™ve been getting more and more unhappy with the situation with every point fix release that doesnā€™t rectify this bug. I mean, sure, it is great they fixed all the ui borks that should have been caught by QA before releaseā€¦ but Iā€™d very much rather them dedicate more manpower to fixing the showstopper bugs (that should have been caught by QA before release).

1 Like

I honestly cannot understand why itā€™s taking them this long to solve this, itā€™s really frustrating.

Weā€™re nearing on three weeks since my system worked and Iā€™m really regretting having built it around Roon. Feeling like a chump honestly.

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to provide an update that our team has been working on a solution to this and, while I canā€™t provide any specific timelines just yet, weā€™ll be sure to keep everyone here updated on the status when we have more to share. Thanks for your continued patience as we work to get this resolved.

5 Likes

Great to hear the team is working on this.

Letā€™s hope a fix can be delivered in the coming hours.

Weā€™re fast approaching a month since Roon has worked at all for us.

21 days in and no resolution. Any chance that Iā€™ll be able to access my local content soon?

2 Likes

This is getting extremely worrisome.

We now have a clear demonstration that Roon is fine with a significant number of paying customers being stranded for more than 3 weeks without being able to listen to musicā€¦

This entire experience is unacceptable. That theyā€™d release software that is so obviously broken to paying customers, and then leave us in the dark regarding the timeline for a fix is wrong and disrespectful.

Iā€™m incredibly disappointed in Roonā€™s team, hard to grasp how they can care so little for such a large group of users with completely bricked systems.

Another week without this problem being solved, is there any chance this can be prioritized?

Yep, nearly one monthā€¦

At this point I will start to actively recommend my high end network to avoid spending money on Roon.

Who would want to fine tune a system based on Roon with the risk of not being able to play music for a month with zero useful feedback from their team for an issue that shouldnā€™t take more than a few hours to fix?

I was running Roon on Ubuntu 18 with (music) file storage on ZFS without problems for years. Recently I moved my Roon Core to a Mac Pro with all storage on a ZFS Pool. The only way to attach the music storage is via /Volumes/Pool/Music. Roon throws up a warning about using Volumes ā€¦ Please get this fixed as (for me anyway) ZFS is the only way to store a carefully ripped music library. Thanks, R.

@enno @brian @allan @mike Could we please get some real information on the timeline for a fix here? This is incredibly disheartening.

We have a fix in QA now, along with a lot of other post-1.8 changes/improvements. Once they have all been stabilized, we will ship it.

2 Likes

Hi @brian,

Thank you very much for this update.

Steef

Thank you! Looking forward to the update.

I appreciate you getting back to us, looking forward to the fixed release!

Can you let me know when this has landed in production? My subscription off and will remain lapsed until this is confirmed resolved. Thanks.

So, weā€™re at 31 days of this particular bug.

31 days of not being able to access our local content on systems that had worked (mostly) without error for multiple years before the 1.8 release.

31 days of not being able to properly use our $499-$699 lifetime licenses (or a full month of monthly billed service for those who arenā€™t lifetimers).

31 days of not getting any indication of when weā€™ll be able to use the software that we paid for, in the way it was sold to be used.

31 days days since the initial bug report was filed.

21 days since being told QA was able to reproduce this bug.

14 days since we were first told that the bug was being worked on.

What gives? How is this even close to being acceptable?

4 Likes