Roon 1.8 hanging on start

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 Pro / Roon 1.8

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB on core

Description Of Issue

Help! After seeming to work well for about a day I got Roon 1.8 to hang (app marbled, title bar shows ‘Not Responding’) on Windows (not the core machine) by clicking on a link to an artist, so I killed the app and now every time I start it it loads saying ‘Loading artist…’ and then hangs. Is there a ‘safe mode’ that I can get it to forget where it was when it starts? I captured a dump file the first time it hung and can make that available if it would be useful.

Hello @Patrick_Conroy, our apologies for the trouble here. Have you reinstalled Roon on this device or rebooted since the issue started occurring? Also, could you please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link.

Hi @nuwriy - the problem seems to have resolved itself - I RDPed into the machine (I’d previously been logged in locally) and it just worked! I don’t think the UI should ever freeze, but as the issue seems to be gone for now please feel free to put it on the back-burner. Logs are at the link below…

yesterday I have almost the same issue on win10 remote. it was firewall issue after upgrade in my case. maybe in yours too – you gonna check and allow private/public network access for raatserver & roon exe in “windows firewall” config

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.