Roon 1.8: “New releases for fans of Ludwig v Beethoven”. Really?

You beat me to it!

And “fans” is widely used by classical musicians.

3 Likes

:grinning:

There’s a huge list.

Even the Mozart Haus in Vienna calls fans of Mozart, well, fans.

The idea that the use of the word fans implies a lack of understanding on the part of Roon labs is absurd.

6 Likes

When the ■■■■ hits the “fan”… :joy:
I have a PhD in musicology but I’m not snobbish enough to feel offended by people who call me a “fan” of classical music…

15 Likes

I am not a connoisseur of Lady Gaga’s oeuvre. But I am a die hard Beethoven head banger.

9 Likes

Was Beethoven invited to sing at the inauguration? No. FACT.

5 Likes

This whole thread reminds me of Handsworth Parish Council’s videoconference… makes me laugh out loud all the same…

8 Likes

HE was a fan I’d say

7 Likes

Oh my days, how have I not heard about this.

Absolutely this thread.

4 Likes

It’s the internet. No good deed goes unpunished. :rofl: BTW, If Valence is listening, I’m proud to be one of Ludwig’s groupies!

2 Likes

actually, if we’re to be pedants, “Ludwig v Beethoven” sounds like a lawsuit, and a particularly contentious one.

4 Likes

I most definitely am not a fan of writing code like this. One simply does not embed literal constants in code.

3 Likes

Better than underpants signed by Putin. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

For me it would be ok and important if there would be fans for Beethoven, Bach etc…
This would mean young people are interested in classical music.
I observed in the last 20 years less and lesser young “fans”.
Just plus 50 year listeners.
The classical music genre is disappearing slowly?

4 Likes

I once got a speeding ticket as my concentration lapsed due to conducting the 5th at the wheel

Outside a police station Errrrr…:joy:

2 Likes

Camper van Beethoven is alive and well and he has issued a class action suit against Spotify. Here he in his 1980’s heyday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnkxlOjMIAs

2 Likes

So true. I work for a charity that supports a well known German Orchestra. We loose members because they just die away. We actually are greatful for each “fan” of classical music, no matter the language.

4 Likes

Well, it’s not real code, obviously.

It is well documented, Ludwig van Beethoven had many fans.

2 Likes

Possibly his biggest fan!

4 Likes

He was even spotted composing an autograph for a fan!

2 Likes