Roon 1.8 - Unable to Stream to HomePod

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MacBook Pro 16" 2019

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

eero Mesh Network

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

HomePod, HomePod mini, Chromecast Audio, Hugo TT, Mojo, Dragonfly Red, Sonos Arc & Sub

Description Of Issue

I am now on 1.8 and noticed that I am unable to stream to the HomePod or HomePod mini, from the roon app on MacBook Pro, iPhone or iPad.

What is interesting is that the zone info shows HomePod or HomePod mini ‘playing’ with the graphic of the music wave jumping around. But, the track is actually not playing and not advancing from a time-lapse perspective and no sound is ever heard.

I can, however, stream from the roon app with my iPhone as the zone destination and then use AirPlay and pick the HomePod or HomePod mini as the destination.

Thanks for a great release, and please let me know how I can troubleshoot this issue.

I just wanted to jump in to say that I am having the same problem. Just set up Roon yesterday and wasn’t sure if I was doing something wrong. My core is on my 2019 iMac; Orbi mesh network; HomePod, Bluesound Node 2i, Sonos Play5. I can’t send music to the HomePod or the Sonos via Airplay. I can stream to the Sonos via Sonos Streaming.

1 Like

Sadly, even after much enabling, disabling and tinkering, I also cannot AirPlay to my HomePod or HomePod mini. AirPlay to non-Apple device (Bose) works as expected.

Roon Server on MacOS (latest version)
Roon App on iPhone and iPad

Echoing another HomePod mini that is unable to be streamed to

Mac mini M1
RT-AX86U
Roon 1.8 (764)

I am able to stream to the Airport Express on my network, however

This helped me solve my issue:

4 Likes

Thanks for the info! How would one go about removing the password? I don’t remember setting one

You should be able to simply toggle it to off [not require password]

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.