Roon 1.8 - View More sometimes not available in Focus [Resolved]

Hi,
I did not see this as already reported, so adding a new topic.
When I expand the focus list on any of the pages (Composers, Album etc) in some of the columns (performers composers) I can not see “View More” to select additional options. Looks like View More is pushed outside the focus box (and so not visible anymore) if some of the items in the column are multiline.

I am sharing 2 snapshot, one where you can’t see “view more” under performers/composers, and a second where I can see a bit of it once I select some “single line” performer.

Snapshot taken on a WIndow 10 AIO, 27’’ screen, resolution 3840x2160, latest graphic drivers installed

This is a relatively minor issue, but fairly annoying as you end up needing to fiddle quite a bit to get to see “view more” by selecting/deselecting items in the list.

Hello, I have exactly the same problem. For me it is a HUGE issue, because I did not find any way to get “view more” with composers for instance. I tried with an android remote and with a Windows PC remote : same problem.
Thank you for a quick fix, because on my system, Focus list box cannot be used at the moment.
Best regards,
Sylvain

Thanks for the report, @gami. We have a ticket in for this and are working to resolve it as soon as possible.

I have the same problem. On my remote for Windows 10 PC, the “View More” is missing for Genres and Performers after clicking Focus for Albums, but is present for other items. On my remote for iPhone, the complete lists are available by drop-down, so this appears to be strictly a Windows PC problem.

Thank you Dylan,
I can confirm that the problem is across platforms. I see the same behavior on my Lenovo Yoga Tab (Android).
Appreciate that you guys are looking into it, as it does have an impact on user experience. Can’t enjoy the new focus awesomeness in full!

Regards,

Giovanni

Hello again, “View more” is missing for composers on my android tablet too. But I tried with my android phone and it works :grinning: . So if you have the same problem you can use an android phone (or an iphone as Stephen told us) waiting for a fix for Windows PC and android tablet. Roon 1.8 new focus is very nice indeed!
Best regards,
Sylvain

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 DesktopRoon1.8

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Cambridge Audio CXN 2

Description Of Issue

In Roon 1.8 My Artists-Focus-Storage Locations not showing View more.
Uploading: view more.PNG…

Some further information that might help you. When I resize the window (dragging the corner), the View More will appear for some columns and disappear for others. So essentially I’m able to make it appear and disappear at will if I care to fiddle with it.

This has been resolved:

Hello, as you can see, it is NOT RESOLVED ! Windows 10 64 bit
version ![view|672x500]

There is no “view more” for composers…

Same problem in english,
best regards,
Sylvain

Hello again, I have found a Windows 10 setting to see “view more” : parameters

The normal setting is 100%, no “view more” for composers.
With 125%, “view more” appears… but I won’t change this setting only for Roon Remote!
I did not think it was the toughest issue, but I see it is not so easy to resolve!
Best regards,
Sylvain

Another bad news : same issue with a Samsung Galaxy Tab A (android 10) tablet
Nothing changed, “view more” not available in Focus with Composers

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @Sylvain_RENARD

Apologies for the delay! Our team’s queue is longer than typical at the moment, but we’re working to get back to everyone as quickly as we can. I appreciate the update here — I’ll pass this along to the team to investigate further.

Hello,
everything is ok with build 778.
A clever solution was found for “View more” : instead of appearing below a fixed number of items (3 for Ensembles, 4 for Composers, 5 for other columns as it was before), “View more” is always available at the bottom of each column. Very nice :grinning: !
Best regards,
Sylvain

1 Like