Roon 1.8 Web Display not working

Tried all possible orders, on all browsers. No effect.
I see other open threads affecting other users, with no solution as yet:

I read on yet thread, that turning off IPv6 solved the issue, but I don’t have IPv6 enabled at all. Perhaps @Kevin_Cossaboon can mention where he configured the IPv6 changes?

Update: On the Mac, if I change the core to local, the display is working as expected.

So another observation that says “the issue is not with the Roon software” then. Looks like you need to take a thorough look at your NAS’s setup and configuration. Have a look at any other piece of software running on the NAS, maybe disabling it temporarily until you find the offending setting or piece of software. You may be able to get additional help on troubleshooting your NAS by contacting Synology support directly or using related support forums.

Asking the question here doesn’t necessarily mean that the there’s an issue with Roon software.

It’s about getting tips from support, and/or from folks who are using Roon in similar setups and facing similar issues as I’ve linked above.

Official support is here to help with Roon issues mainly. Tips you already got plenty, it just seems you like to ignore them, not providing answers to questions asked or sharing results of your own troubleshooting (somewhat implying you didn’t do it at all). No one here has access to your network or NAS setup. Please do your troubleshooting/inspection/monitoring and, if you need more/better tips, share the results.

To summarize the issue as it presents itself to me: Something (firewall, blocking proxy of some sorts, affected browser configuration, other software interfering, network configuration…) is blocking the communication from your browser back to Roon Server running on your NAS. Communication is not being blocked if you use a browser and Roon Server on the same machine (not your NAS) instead.

I got nothing additionally to what I already knew. This convo with you is pointless and I will only respond if anyone else replies to this thread.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.