Roon 1.9 and Negativity

Pleasure. I’m a punk at heart haha.

2 Likes

MQA can and does sound great on cheap systems… Just saying :joy:

1 Like

Yes but I’m too deaf to know haha

2 Likes

Hi Chris

I already wanted to call you. Somebody mentioned MQA. But I see you are already here! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I think he has set up some sort of alert on here :smiley:

1 Like

:joy: I’m looking at the forum and not complaining about the Roon UI :joy:

3 Likes

April 1…

There we go… all the talk of name calling, I’ve changed my name. To point out that everything I say is an opinion.

Zero facts offered here.

Finally I fixed the problem. My Hard Drive is very big and adding the library taking to much time. After 30 minutes, the same error always appeared. I tried with Compatibility in Windows 8 and finally the library was added complete and Roon was set up. I think all this issues they had to have been foreseen

You are on fire! First the “urinating windward” comment and then followed by this post. Hilarious, thanks for lightening the mood.

2 Likes

Frank, maybe it knows you better than you know yourself! :slight_smile:

Cliff Richard Summer Holiday in the queue I bet too!

IANAL so I won’t speculate on what may be legal or not, but speculation that implies malpractice is at the very least tawdry.

@Frank_Daman , @geoB

Did you ever checkout mConnect as. Control app, it’s gives you access to DNLA,along with Tidal and Qobuz . It’s not as slick as Roon or JRemote but it does combine all 3 in one app if you have a DLNA capable renderer

I have been using ROON with a lifetime subscription since 2015 (paid $450 back then). I love this new interface on v1.8. You guys finally got the scrolling done the way I asked in 2015, thanks!

I have 4 DACs that my ROON CORE streams to. I have Convolution files on 1 system, and Parametric EQ on another. My biggest issue with ROON nowadays is knowing which DSP named filter I am using. I can usually tell by the sound coming out of the speakers but it would be ideal if some DSP selection label was visible in some prominent place.

And here I was reading up to your post about to post (in jest mind you) that all posts seem to be off topic - mods please! Lucky I made it up to your post. :sunglasses:

I would also like to suggest @anon73739233 , rather than vanishing for the next two years, for reasons you’ve made clear, perhaps pay less attention to these sorts of threads and pay more attention to those geared toward the music.

Just a suggestion…and I only say this as I like seeing more posting music, but I’m trying to follow said advice myself. :laughing: I found it nonproductive, to a large extent, expressing views/opinions & then have people selecting a snippet of text, misinterpreting it & then going to town, whether deliberately or otherwise.

Notwithstanding, I have found the bulk of forum frequenters to be reasonable and further you get to understand their thoughts, position on matters and of course humour, so you can make an informed decision to reply one way or another.

I get that many are passionate about ‘their’ software, whether that be performance, functionality, look and feel and so on (it’s theirs). I don’t get that some who belittle others requesting new features and so on, on the basis that they won’t interfere with performance or usability (e.g choice of streaming service or most other feature requests - they are likely all worthwhile).

Cheers.

1 Like

Stroke of genius!

2 Likes

Ah yes. The selective quoting of something which one then “misunderstands” so they can be outraged.

And the new trend. Writing things IN CAPS.

I hear you on the forum. I should be stronger. I’m going to ask if they can reorder the sections in here so I don’t have to make it past the click bait threads that are being started in abundance with catchy looking titles.

2 Likes

Like everyone else on this forum, I signed up with Roon to get access to a community where there were unlimited opportunities to insult like-minded folk and enjoy OFFENSIVE CONFRONTATION in return.

I have just made an amazing discovery. Apparently, as a side deal, they chuck in a free music platform.

Personally, I am indifferent to Deep Purple and think the triangle a superior instrument to anything square or round. I love Grieg’s March of the Trolls but my real passion is for solos followed by octets (I tried septets but they just aren’t as good).

4 Likes

Lmao @anon73739233

Yes, selective snippets to meet one’s own ends; it’s sneaky. :laughing:

CAPS I’ve not noticed so much, although I always thought it implied shouting & therefore rude.

In terms of reordering sections that’s a good idea. However, I had been thinking a new section needs to be made; I was only thinking this just a few days ago. Purely because newer & perhaps ‘click bait’ threads swamp some sections, with long lasting, but perhaps not highly frequented sections get swamped and buried. I just hadn’t thought further as to the kind of ‘new’ section that I would suggest.

Cheers.

1 Like