Roon 2.0.7 New Content Sources (aka Wikipedia integration)

Touché! Glad to hear that. PS I’m a longtime contributor and there’s been a Wikipedia entry on me even longer–and there’s no connection between the two!

1 Like

This update actually prompted me to donate to wiki…

4 Likes

Good on you! One of the best things about the Internet

1 Like

Same here too

Not seeing any of this new content. I upgraded Roon Remote and Core that is running on a Nucleus. I do see the editorial sources in settings with the first 4 turned on but nothing when viewing albums. I am using iPad and version shows as 1167.

Not correct.

Once you have it, you will see the default first, which is probably still TiVo. Go to Settings > General to configure them. Then you need to first expand the description:

2 Likes

I rebooted my iPad and did the update for Remote in the App store and all is good now!

2 Likes

With all these new editorial sources, it’s going to be quite an effort now to focus on the music :grinning: - A great complement to my listening experience. Thanks.

3 Likes

I can’t see how to enable this Wikipedia integration - can’t see “Editiorial Sources”. RTFM which says You can customize your Roon experience by adjusting the settings in “Settings > General > Editorial Sources” to determine which sources to use.
I’ve tried this on iPhone Remote 2.0 1182 and Windows Remote 2.0 1182. On the latter this is what I see under “Settings > General”

Rob, have you updated your ROON CORE installation ?

1 Like

I agree with this and do regularly contribute, they do an amazing job

1 Like

Same here. Since the update, there is no info at all.

Hi xoph, is the new Roon softwareversion installed on all your devices? Including core? Yesterday my Android Roon remote did not show up in the new releases part of Google. Went to the Roon app page itself on Google Play store, and there I could upgrade.

1 Like

It works now thanks. Very nice feature!!

Then something isn’t working right on your end. The update is an addition - of Wikipedia album pages. The old data (All Music, now known as TIVO) should still be there.

You should be able to change the priority of the Wiki content by moving it up and down the list. I have it set to old school TiVo.

It’s in addition, not a replacement. Edit your sources and the order as needed.

As far as I can tell from above posts, it is working for everyone after updating core AND remotes. (Though apparently some existing WP entries are not found, I am sure this will be fixed)

If everything is gone for you please ensure that everything is up to date and post screenshots of your sources configuration in Settings > General, and example albums/artists.

Expand the description with the downward arrow to see the sources list on the right:

This is how it should be, note that the TiVo review still exists and it’s my default:

There is a support thread about an issue that seems like yours. This is obviously some kind of bug, resolved in this case, check there:

Hope that once you get your updates working you enjoy it as much as other folks here have. Enjoy the music, and have a lovely day!

You could try actually reading the details before ranting.

1 Like

I love this feature.

I don’t run early access and I’m getting used to watching the cool kids have fun stuff while I wait. I waited with anticipation for this and it was worth it.

First experience was listening to Anais Mitchell’s eponymous album which had no contextual text at all. I got the update notification while doing that, updated my client, and got my first taste.

This is such a great idea.

I donate to Wikimedia yearly but this feature will significantly increase my usage so I just went and made another donation.

Thank you!

Now just have to wait for CarPlay and then probably wait for something else cool! I don’t want to drag my family into Early Access and, besides, I can do with a little training in patience.

1 Like