Roon 2.0 (build 1128) does not detect my local audio devices, not even basic system audio

Roon Core Machine

I’m running Roon Core from the same laptop I’m using for listening:

Networking Gear & Setup Details

N/A

Connected Audio Devices

N/A—this problem occurs even when I have nothing connected.

Number of Tracks in Library

Roon doesn’t tell me how many tracks I have, but probably about 15k? I have 1566 albums.

Description of Issue

Roon 2.0 is not detecting any local audio devices:

If I click the little refresh button, it just refreshes for ever and never detects anything:

I let that spinner sit for about 5 minutes and it never went away, and never detected audio devices.

I tried restarting Roon, but that did not help. I also tried restarting my computer, but that did not solve the problem either.

Can I get an update? It’s been 5 days and Roon is unusable for me because of this issue.

Hi @Brian_Brennan.

I’m sorry for the delay. We’re currently a bit backed up but I promise we’re only not responding because of this and we’re truly invested in getting you back to your music.

On that note…

Is this something that may coorolate with your Mac going to sleep? I have seen a couple of relevant posts if so and it’s something I’m tracking. You might want to be sure that under system preferences>energy saver that prevent your mac from automatically sleeping when the display is off is checked. You might also want to enable Wake for network access as well as unchecking put hard disks to sleep.

Another step you could take is to locate and rename your RAAT folder on your Mac. First, please take a backup of your databases. We don’t want you to lose anything and while it’s not likely to happen, preventative measures are always appropriate! Based on your hard disk name and username, this is the path for the RAAT folder:
Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 2.42.44 PM

Please let me know what you find, how things turn out, and if you think of any more details share them with me here. I’ll be monitoring for a response.

Thanks,
Wes

Hey Wes, thanks for the reply.

I don’t think so. The issue maintains even after a complete restart, before the computer has had a chance to sleep.

Another step you could take is to locate and rename your RAAT folder on your Mac… Based on your hard disk name and username, this is the path for the RAAT folder:

I’m not sure what a RAAT folder is, and I’m not sure the screenshot you sent makes sense? The end of the file path there is a code directory.

Googling around, I see there’s something called a RAATServer that’s related to Roon in the ~/Library directory.

Here’s what I tried:

• closed Roon.
  • renamed ~/Library/RAATServer
  • renamed ~/Library/Roon
  • renamed ~/Library/RoonMounts
  • restarted my computer
  • started Roon, which put me into a “first installed” flow, asking me for username etc
  • selected current laptop as core
  • I did NOT restore from backup

and still, when I got to the audio select screen, I do not see my local system audio

If there’s anything else I can try, please let me know.

Hey Wes (or anyone else)—anything else you can think of that I should try?

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.