Roon 2.0 build 1148 - issues. Can’t open Core

Hi @Frank_Rahde
Thanks for you emphaty :slight_smile:
I have sent all the logs requested.

My issues actually doesn’t relate to Roon 2.0 since this was running very stabile.
It is only related to latest update build 1148

1 Like

@benjamin,
No further diagnostics oppotunities?
Br. Peter

Hey @Peter_Hvidegaard,

I am now seeing two core devices in your network, Peter-Hvidegaards-iMac and Mac-mini. Your iMac seems to be running Roon 1.8, while your Mac mini is running Roon server on 2.0. Is this correct? Unfortunately, the logs you sent over didn’t indicate any hints about your issue.

If you haven’t yet, I would completely uninstall and remove all Roon components on the iMac core giving you issues. This will start you out on square one (if you don’t have any available backups to restore, which sounds like the case.) This includes removing the app as well as any Roon folders on the device. Beyond dragging and deleting the Roon or Roon Server application to the trash, please follow the steps below:

1. Open Finder and click Go in the top bar
  2. Hold down the Alt key to unhide the Library folder
  3. Click the Library folder
  4. Find and delete (or rename) the Roon folder

Depending on how you configured Roon, there might also be a /Users/USERNAME/Music/Roon folder.

If you delete those folders you should be all set! From here, please try re-downloading Roon.

Hey @benjamin
The iMac running 1.8 is as Old machine that have had a Remote installed. I see now that it can’t be upgraded due to Old osx version. This is now completely deleted.

As suggested I completely uninstalled roon and downloaded the new version.
BUT with the same result.
After having entered my log-in information roon shuts down. :disappointed_relieved:
Br. Peter

Hey @Peter_Hvidegaard,

Just to triple confirm, did you download the proper All-In-One file from this page?

Hi @benjamin
I downloaded from the regular download link for Mac on the download page on the website. (Roonlabs.com)
It wasn’t the exact page you linked but I assume the download links the same file
Br. Peter

Hey @Peter_Hvidegaard,

The page I shared is where you’ll need the proper 1.8 file. Please remove Roon and give that download a try :+1: