Roon 2.0 Build 1389 and ARC Build 253 - Very Smooth Update

Probably the cleanest and smoothest update ever on 3 Roon servers ((Dell XPS 15, Apple Mac Mini (late 2014), and Roon Nucleus)), and three Roon clients (iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad Mini 6, and iPad 8th Gen). The Mac Mini and Nucleus updates were remote using Splashtop.

Thanks Roon. This is how updates should work.

3 Likes

And several of my bigger gripes seem fixed :+1:

5 Likes

And these are….?

.sjb

• Resolved an issue where release date settings were ignored for library content on the Artist details page
  • Fixed a case where ARC was not detecting the Banned status
  • ARC now remembers the sorting order of the discography tab

Edit: Unfortunately, I still have out-of order dates with manual Original Release Date edits when sorting the Discography by release date. The album browser preference is Original Release Date and the album browser is fine, but the Discography isn’t:

Edit 2:

ARC UI is noticeably faster and really smooth on iPhone 15 Pro Max :+1:
Unfortunately still missing album art for many downloaded albums in offline mode

Edit 3: And I still have cases with ignored banned status

2 Likes

ARC update isn’t available to me yet, the rest updated fine.

Update performed without problems.
For now I would like to point out here a strange behavior that has appeared a few times in the latest ARC builds. For some reason that I don’t understand, ARC skips tracks in its queue.
Yesterday I had added an album to the queue and started playing it and then stopped it. Yesterday afternoon the ARC update finally arrived on the Android play store and I installed it and then started listening to another 2 or 3 songs without any problems. At the end I had the classic screen that said “nothing to play” but if I looked at the queue, I could see that the last 2 tracks had been skipped.
I’ll open a separate topic if it happens again

*EDIT: I just updated the secondary device on which I use ARC (old Samsung S9+ with Android 10)
After the update I can no longer open the application. It stays frozen on the home screen
I already tried reinstalling ARC but same problem

When I look in this EA release on the ARC tab in Roon remote my IP address of my Mac is not showing up. Which port I fill in, Roon says always that port forwarding is correctly set even if the port is not forwarded.
When I go to the latest production build the IP address is visible. Is this a bug in this EA release?

Not sure if related but when I start playing an album on wifi and then switch to mobile internet connectivity (e.g. because I got away from home), Arc always skips the remaining album tracks.

This wasnt happening before, I noticed it also only recently.

1 Like

When I look at a biography of Beethoven, for example, in arc from wikipedia and I scroll down, arc gets stuck.

Working for me.
I’m remote but on very bad WiFi.

Strange. I reinstalled arc early access, but no luck.

I tried several times. No success. “Es ist ein Fehler bei der Update Anfrage ausfgetreten” “An error occurred during update request”.
It is boring!

When I click at “Roon Arc” it says “bereit” *ready". Starting ARC on the iPhone it says “update the core”.

Are these the correct versions?

Arc seems to work at least

I bring this up again to point out further behavior that is probably part of the same problem.

At work I use ARC connected to a guest wifi with a login web page. The network is very unstable and disconnects frequently, which is why I use an Android app that performs automatic reconnection in the backgroud in a few seconds (I don’t know if this information is useful or has a direct impact).

In random mode ARC skips the tracks even when you are online at the time of the skip.

I remember that in previous builds, if there was no signal and the track was not preloaded, instead of the play button there was a circle that rotated for a moment, then the track paused and did not skip. I think it was better behavior than these “jumps”.

Welp. I’m getting random restarts of my Roon Server with this latest update. I’ll never know why it happens. I’m using a Sonic Transporter i9 and all my files are on a NAS. All locally stored there and no streaming - just my own files. After Roon reboots I’m good for a while depending on how much I use it. I wish at least somehow Roon could throw an error message saying what the issue other than “Somethings Wrong”. I use ARC regularly too. It’s not uncommon for when I open ARC that it will crash Roon Server and it reboots. Once again, not sure why. Except I have a large music library. See screenshot. I really hope this starts running smoother in the future.