Roon 2.0 Constantly Quitting on MacBook Pro running Ventura 13.0.1 [Investigating - Ticket in]

That sounds GREAT! It is going to take some time for your databases to update and such so keep that in mind. It will certainly create some odd behaviors as this process continues.

If you have any further issues let me know.

PS I followed you and will check you out!

Wes

It couldn’t be my TIDAL music collection that’s the issue… TIDAL also contacted me to say I was in 1% of super users… with so many playlists full of 100 and 1000s of tracks and albums etc…

Aaaahhhhhh… ROON 2.0 just froze again while typing all this up… I have had to Force Quit again… I did manage to take a quick screenshot of the crash report… but only a snippet, not all.

Let me know your thoughts tomorrow, but for now I’m going back again to Roon 1.8 on my MacPro now, but I sure would love to get Roon 2.0 running on my MacBook Pro.

Catch up again soon Wes and cheers for the follow… :slight_smile:

Anthony

My DJ name is AMC… lol… not the most funky or glamourous of DJ names (represents my name initials) … I used to be a rave DJ when the dance scene was only kicking off in it’s infancy here in Ireland and the UK. I visited London for raves many times… even visited the Haçienda!! Booommmm!! lol… all good fun… innocent times… no kids or mortgage… :slight_smile:

1 Like

But appropriately MC is in there with a shout out to your name and your role :slight_smile:

Please do me a favor, can you duplicate and get me the full text of your error? I will bring this up with our development group on our call tomorrow if so.

Another thing that would help is logging from this Mac. I have sent a diagnostics command to it so when you bring it back up I will get the information. This in addition to the full text of the error will give me a complete picture in my consultations with our development group.

Regards,
Wes

1 Like

Not sure if I can get the full crash report… I tried it before… and it’s so long my copy ‘n’ paste function even struggled… I had about 20 pages of it laid out in Adobe InDesign… but as I had no email to send it onto I deleted it… let me try dumping into Word this time… do you have an email I can use…?

Anthony

I have deauthorized my MacPro now and launched Roon 2.0 on my MacBook Pro again. I’m waiting now for it to crash again so I can try and get you that crash report text.

Thank you again for all your assistance with all this (especially as I appreciate this is after hours stuff)

Regards,
Anthony

Well, I’m in Eastern Washington state (USA) so it’s not after hours just yet! I’ll be stepping out in the next two hours. If have the logging that I requested (just checked and I do now), I’ll use that along with any crash reports you generate in your testing to speak with development tomorrow.

Thank YOU for your persistence in helping us get this figured out.

Wes

1 Like

Thank you also for your help!! :slight_smile:

I think with your name being Campbell, I just presumed you lived in the UK, sorry about that Wes. Either way… nice to meet you and safe journey home later today.

Anthony

1 Like

Quick update Wes… I left ROON 2.0 open on my MacBook Pro all last night and when I got up this morning… the app was still opening and functional, I clicked around the Albums and Playlists section and the homepage and all worked fine. That’s why I couldn’t get you a fresh crash report… as it just hasn’t crashed yet :slight_smile:

So maybe that CLEAN, CLEAN install that you helped me perform resolved the issue.

I just wanted you to know that. I will keep a close eye on it again today… but we have a house party tonight with some friends coming over… so we will be ROONing it all the way, so that will be the real litmus test.

Talk again soon… and thank you again for all your help and assistance with this issue.

Regards,
Anthony

1 Like

@Anthony_McCarthy, fellow Roon user here. That’s great you’ve got it working! Hopefully you won’t have to submit any crash reports. But if you do, you can always open the Console app on your Mac and look under Crash Reports to find them. The previous ones for Roon should be there as well. Here’s what mine looks like. It appears I’ve got something crashing WebKit that I need to investigate. :thinking:

2 Likes

Hello Kitated and very nice to meet you.

Thank you for your comments. I tried a copy ‘n’ paste of the crash report text already and that also froze up my machine… so much code… lol… this could be very helpful if they ask for this info.

You are very generous with your time to show me this tip. Very much appreciated.

Regards,
Anthony

2 Likes

No problem. I like to help out if I can.

I’m interested in Unify Radio. Is it possible to access it through Roon’s Live Radio feature?

And very nice to meet you as well.

1 Like

I don’t think so Kitated… we only broadcast on Mixcloud at set times and only a handful of days as we are every small boutique station and don’t have enough members yet to be playing 7 days a week, 24/7.

We are all very passionate electronic music lovers, a good few of us from Cork, Ireland, with a few London based DJs plus one from Croatia and more to come also.

Thanks for your interest in Unify Radio. It’s a total hobby of mine. I will be playing a live 2 hour techno DJ set tomorrow from 4pm to 6pm GMT. It’s gonna be a full-on audio assault… lol

Regards,
Anthony

2 Likes

I’m intrigued … so I’m planning on checking out your set! :+1:

Btw, I’m enjoying listening to what’s been autoplaying on the Unify website! Good stuff!

Cheers!

1 Like

Cheers Kitated…

That’s Christian Jelic, a new addition from London. He was born in Croatia. Lovely guy and a very talented DJ. My music will be NOTHING like that… make sure to bring ear plugs! lol

Anthony

1 Like

I understand. I have very eclectic musical tastes, so I’m sure I’ll enjoy it. It probably won’t be anymore intense than this turned up loud will it?

RoonShareImage-638043455277949080

1 Like

Your ears should be able to take it sooo… lol :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi again Wes… fresh update… ROON 2.0 just crashed on my MacPro.

I have the Crash Report now in Word and PDF format (2865 Pages long)… :frowning:

How do I get it to you…?

Regards,
Anthony

Saturday 19th November 4pm - 6pm (GMT)

1 Like