Roon 2.0: From Rumors To Reality

Depends where you live. UK live 16:00 local time (I thinkā€¦)

Qobuz and Tidal do not allow download to device on anything other than their own apps. That oneā€™s out of Roonā€™s hands.

Yes it doesā€¦

But you can chose to stay on 1.8 for the time beingā€¦

1 Like

You can use Roon ARC to play music from Tidal and Qobuz. You canā€™t download the files due to licensing. You can download your own music files, however. Thatā€™s the point.

4 Likes

Yes, UTC is a non-imperialistic term for GMT.

Long live the British Empire. :smile:

1 Like

I wouldā€™ve thought that was obvious. And, itā€™s not major flaw at all. Itā€™s a limitation from the providers (licensing), not ROON.

This !!! ā€¦

Itā€™s not my fault UTC starts somehwere south of here!! Iā€™m 3 degrees west give or taker a yard or two. Iā€™m UTC plus 1hour, local summer time. So it looks like UK roon 2 was 15:00 UTC. But who cares nowā€¦

Iā€™m now a party to(o)ā€¦ all is off!

New Suede album on Spotify it is - neither are what I remember

Not for meā€¦ Android 12, Fiio Ka3.

Iā€™m in your camp. Iā€™m running my core on a very old Mac Mini 10.13 I bought for next to nothing. Itā€™ll be a long time before I can upgrade to 2.0.

Isnā€™t GMT affected by daylight saving, while UTC is fixed?

2 Likes

I stated that it was not the fault of Roon. I also said that they did an awesome job.

Antipodes K50: Roon 2.0 / ARC installation no problem. Well done Roon!

You can dump that, spend Ā£50 on a Windows machine with a 6th gen i5 6500, and run it headless as a ROCK. Donā€™t limit yourself because you want to stick to old hardware.

1 Like

Am I right in saying that looking at your core, you canā€™t see if anyone is playing from it through ARC (and what theyā€™re playing)? I would have thought that it would be sort of like a special Zone

Look at Roon ARC.

Works great for me. Just here for the whining.

2 Likes