Roon 2.0: From Rumors To Reality

Correct. There is no use for ARC in the home, it doesn’t make sense. That’s why it’s a separate app.

I’ve ended up removing the Roon Remote from my iPhone. And downloaded it again. This updated the Roon Remote to 2.0 and it worked again.

Working perfectly in the gym this morning👍

1 Like

Can’t agree there been using it solidly since got on the early access at home or away.

Whatever suits you personally. But, it wasn’t designed to be a replacement of the remote app. Hence why arc is not built into the remote version. One can of course use it but, you’ll lose all of the extra functionality of the remote app.

In Roon ARC, the background colour for the Light theme is horrible. Purple and pink smudges and a dirty white background. Is this by design? I just want a white background, like the Roon remote.

1 Like

I know but it’s more lightweight for just listening around the house and works better with my DAC for some reason

I’d want a salary from Roon if I’d have to go through all that work just to play some music…

maybe your car radio is different but mine is full of idiots who speak over crappy music, I never use that.

1 Like

Listen to the podcast with the Roon CEO here for reasons why Roon ARC is better than alternative workarounds. He also answers many other questions asked in this thread.

4 Likes

The Darko podcast with the CEO explains this very well.

Indeed, I’m just listening to it.

Awaiting Johns video on this and see if he points out some of the failings of 2.0 and ARC that people have found.

It’s a real shame that there’s now 2 apps… last thing we all need is another app on our phones.
On the plus side, it seems like the ARC app is a lot more polished than the OG Roon app.
The OG Roon app is a clunky mess which constantly has issues with needing to reload content when switching between the apps, etc.
The podcast was interesting - it seems like the ARC app should replace the OG Roon app.

Its taken me a few hours to get remote access all working on my QNAP NAS (my network is a little complex). It all seems good now and surprise of all surprises I think I like the ARC stuff after all.

My question is what DAP’s are supported? Its not working on my Cayin N6ii, the Roon ARC app isn’t supported for install.

Thank you for any replies. :slight_smile:

Evidently, Roon mobile was Darko’s idea from several years ago. :smirk:

And my Apple TV Roon Remote doesn’t work now.

1 Like

Does ARC Support DAPs?

Yes. ARC supports DAPs running Android 9 or above. We are beginning to test performance on various DAPs and are expanding our internal testing program. Please let us know which DAPs you are using with ARC and how your experience is.

ARC FAQ (roonlabs.com)

1 Like

Thank you, the Cayin N6ii is running Android 8.1.0 so that will be the reason why its not supported, perhaps its time for an upgrade.

1 Like

So, couple of thought s now I have it going…

1. The disappearing exit keys on the android version may prove to be a little annoying in the car.

2. I understand the issue around downloading tracks from Tidal and licencing issues, however could there be a link into your Tidal app on your phone that holds the downloads?

Otherwise, happy days, I have a day in the car tomorrow so first road test!

1 Like

First of all. Congratulations to Roon for introducing mobile access with Roon Arc. Personally, when I’m out for a walk I tend to listen to podcasts. And in the car, if I want music I have several lovingly curated Spotify playlists that fit the bill perfectly. Where I think Roon Arc will be useful is if I’m on holiday or staying in a hotel, particularly if there’s decent Wi-Fi access. The ability to download selected albums from my personal library on to the device is very useful.

2 Likes