Roon 2.0 "There was an error checking for an update"

Roon Core Machine

macOS Catalina version 10.15.7

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I keep getting Update available message but when I click Update ALL it says “Downloading…” but after a couple of minutes I get a message “There was an error checking for an update”

From my Roon Remote it says my core needs to be updated but once I try it says Downloading… but I noticed after a few minutes my Roon Remote says Not Compatible… Your website says 10.15 as a minimum. I don’t get it. It says I need an update but when I try it fails and then says Not Compatible HELP

Go to Roon - Settings - About and see what needs updating. If it’s an iPhone, go to the Apple App Store.

Never mind, I see you’re talking about a Mac.

Try rebooting your Roon Core and try again from Roon on your Mac.
If you’ve already updated your Remote on a different device, it could be telling you that your Roon Remote version is incompatible with the Roon Core version.

I just found a workaround. I just installed the .dmg directly from your site and that seems to have fixed it. The update just didn’t work for me.

1 Like

how would this work for the ROCK? having the same issue

I’m not sure as I don’t have ROCK. I pretended I didn’t have Roon so I just installed from scratch with the latest .dmg installer etc

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.