Roon 2. build 1357+ iOS / Android phone Remote Album Edit Screen Erroneously Available [Regression, Ticket In]

Funnel yes magnifying glass in every app there is that has stuff to find it acts as search, Amazon, Netflix, iPlayer etc. I think people know what it’s for changing a filter option to that is a huge mistake in any reasoning.

1 Like

Um, the internet seems to agree that a funnel is the correct icon for a filter…

filter icon at DuckDuckGo

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Of course it is, has been for as long as I remember.

Yes, some icon designers think so, just like they think a floppy is a good representation for save. I suspect that if you ask users, they (edit: most) won’t know what this is, at least this is my personal practical experience in the UI design field for 20 years. But they have learned by rote what it does.

Yup, and an envelope is the icon for email - once the association is made, it’s very difficult to change. And don’t get me started on why do we still have qwerty keyboards… :grinning:

Yeah I’m not saying it’s always easy. But with the envelope at least there is the association from e-mail to mail and most people still receive mail IRL, at least parcels.

Floppy actually did mean save once, even if it fell out of use.

Funnel was always a poor choice, but maybe simply because nobody could think of a way to iconify an actual filter. It’s hard. And it may be too late now. We would need a poll :slight_smile:

This is really getting on my nerves as the edit button wasn’t here before and I keep pressing it by mistake instead of share. User error I know but I have muscle memory for the share button.

1 Like

@connor can we get some traction on this issue please?

1 Like

The screen layout when identifying an album looks messed up on iPhone

My phone is a 13 with iOS 17.3.1. Roon is 2.0 (built 1364)

As you see some screen elements overlap others.

I would agree that managing your library entries from an iPhone is less than ideal due to the limited amount of real estate, but still.

Hi @Mark_van_Gaalen,

Thank you for posting. The team is tracking this regression - the Edit dialogue window for Albums should not normally be available in the mobile UI for Roon Remote due to available real estate, as you said.

3 Likes

Hi @Simon_Arnold3,

Yes sir, QA has ticketed this one. Thanks for flagging. I’m marking this thread as the main tracking thread.

2 Likes

Any ideas when this will be fixed ?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.