Roon 2. build 1357+ iOS / Android phone Remote Album Edit Screen Erroneously Available [Regression, Ticket In]

On iPhone I seem to have access of the full album editor which is not usually on phones but missing right side of the gui.

Is this new or a big bug?

Right, I have this as well in the EA build 1363, on iPhone and Android phone alike. Never noticed because going to Edit on the phone never occurs to me. This doesn’t look functional :slight_smile:

1 Like

Indeed it’s not although you can do some of it.

@connor can you get the @support team to look at this please.

I don’t dare :slight_smile:

I hope this is new, I want to be able to do this on my phone :crossed_fingers:

It’s a bug - thanks for catching it and alerting the Support team.

I can’t see it being so as it’s cropping off a lot of the UI.

Yeah, I noticed that, thought I was going mad.

I want it, but correctly proportioned for the screen size please. :pray:

1 Like

See, the problem is that the designers are still stuck in Candybar mode when thinking about smartphones. They need to take advantage of the real estate available on folding phones or dual screens like my Surface Duo… :grinning:

Found another ui bug. Anyone spot it?

Nope, I don’t apart from the Sort menu just saying “Sort” instead of showing the currently chosen sort option, but this is ages old :frowning:

I believe the magnifying glass instead of the funnel is on purpose (but I don’t have confirmation for this, it’s just because I think it’s the better metaphor because a funnel is not a filter)

Not sure about that no mention of it. They need to put any ui changes in build notes not wait for us to flag them if they are intended. I never spotted the sort issue. We seem to be getting more of these silly little things in the ui. Scroll bars again in EA recently and these, hard to detect if you don’t always use those features.

A funnel with a filter paper in it is a filter. I vote to keep the funnel icon so as to distinguish it from the magnifying glass that has a very different function in Roon.

Agreed. Anyway, @Andrew_Webb already noticed this in the previous production build and I commented on it here in EA, but nobody from RoonLabs said anything about it :man_shrugging:

Not sure that equates to them changing it deliberately.

Yes, but primarily a funnel isn’t and it’s really hard to have a tiny black & white icon indicating a funnel with a filter paper. In 20+ years of UI support work I never met anyone who knew that these icons

signify a filter and not something to fill a liquid into a receptacle and wondering why.

Not a biggie, I just think the magnifying glass makes more sense

1 Like

Not to me it’s search and is universally that.

1 Like

I see a funnel as a way to narrow your selection. A magnifying glass as a way to see more detail.

A funnel narrows a stream of a liquid. I use a funnel to pour oil in my car’s engine because the oil inlet is “narrow.”

But none of these is a funnel like Roon used it:

Universal doesn’t necessarily make it the right choice, a floppy is still universal for “Save” and only old people know what this was and why.

Anyway, I think a funnel is to fill something into a reservoir and I never got that. Anyone can disagree

1 Like

My problem with it is that a funnel in real life does not narrow a selection.