Roon 8 fails to start after update - Load library failed - error 126

Running latest version of Roon on an Intel NUC with Windows 10. I updated Roon to latest build today, Windows was also updating, and restarted the computer (required reboot), and now Roon will not start. Get “LoadLibrary failed with error 126” Have tried to uninstall and re-install Roon and get same issue.

Hey @Carl_Nelson,

I’m sorry I get to say welcome to the Roon community 8 days later than I had hoped. I want to apologize for the delay in getting back to you :pleading_face:

My hope is that you’ve been able to use Roon since then, but, if you’re still running into this issue or any other, would you please let us know? Could you also include details about your Core, Setup and Network?

Thanks in advance :pray:

Thank you. I should have responded earlier. A few days later, and after several reboots, it just started working again, and I haven’t run into the issue again. So what happened remains a mystery, but just glad it’s back to working!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey @Carl_Nelson,

Thanks for getting in touch and letting us know that the issue resurfaced. Sorry about that. Would you mind sharing details about the problem, information about your Core and audio devices and your network connections?

That will give our technical team the basic information they need to understand the context and make suggestions.

Thanks in advance :pray: